Redskins believe Alex Smith will be out all of 2019

49erurtaza

12 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Because he was never worth all the chances he got. Like someone else mentioned earlier, if he wasn't one of the 1st overall pick QBs that was paid mightily before they created a rookie cap he would'nt have had a chance to be what he became. He stole money from the 49ers for years, he should've been cut before he got his 2nd contract. He was never that good.  I feel sympathy for his injury but he's been well paid and he'll survive. 

On another note, I don't think the Skins should try and draft a 1st round QB this year. Gruden will most likely be fired and the next guy might not like the QB they picked before he was hired. I say the Skins should draft a D-lineman or O-lineman and gear up for next year.

Well, a smart team would realize they can't compete with 13% of their cap tied up with a player who isn't playing the next three years and take the loss all in one year.  But this is the Redskins we're talking about, and we don't hire smart football people to run the show.  Vinny Cerrato and Bruce Allen are puppets of Dan Snyder.  Snyder lets good football people go, like John Schneider and Marty Schottenheimer, Scott McCloughan and Brian Lafemina. 

I think it's a little distasteful not to sympathize with someone just because he makes a lot of money. Sympathy is free, we're not asking anyone to start a gofundme for poor Alex. What is sad is that Alex loves to play the game, he's a competitor, and it can't be easy to be stuck in a hospital bed for a couple of months, instead of being out there on the field with his buddies doing something he has worked hard at for the last twenty years. Add not being able to play with his kids on top of that. And having to let his wife do all the work! *wink wink*

Hating on someone because he's made money is silly. If Alex's career is off, it would truly suck. I think all players want to end it on their own terms, not have it cut short because of an injury. Not all players get to choose the way they end it, though. For some it's injury. For some others is getting to the point where teams don't want them anymore. If it's the end, I hope he enjoys his life after football and that he has plans. He surely has the means to realize those plans.

As for the redskins... too bad. But at least the fanbase is used to it, right? Bad cap and no QB, same old same old. 

I think Bridgewater makes a lot of sense for the Skins. He might sign a cheap 1 year deal knowing that he's starting.

Maybe even Fitzpatrick? No other team would take him as a starter so he might go to Washington for cheap? At least he's got a bit of upside and will keep the crowd entertained with 500 yards and 5 touchdowns followed by 6 picks in 3 quarters.

As for Smith, I feel for the guy, I don't think I'd have the courage to return from that injury - he's 35 and should have a cool 50million+ in his bank account. No point putting yourself at further risk.

Archived