Las Vegas Stadium News

NickButera

Let's keep an ongoing thread (2 year thread?!) about the progress of the new stadium. 

8/17-FAA has announced it won't impact air traffic, but still has more studies to do before certain work can begin, looks like the FAA is working towards helping push up the timetable so it won't push the timetable back:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/stadium/faa-las-vegas-raiders-stadium-wont-impact-mccarran-traffic/

Many documents still being agreed upon:

The package of to-be-approved documents includes one that will bind the Raiders to Sin City for 30 years, another to regulate the sale of personal seat licenses and a third that by law is supposed to ensure the greatest possible participation by the local community in the design, construction and operation of the stadium. Also pending is an agreement that would allow the University of Nevada, Las Vegas football team to use the venue.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/08/17/raiders-working-on-long-to-do-list-for-las-vegas-stadium/104704322/

PSL's look to be relatively affordable:

The team wants to kick off the 2020 season at a 65,000-seat stadium that would have views of the Las Vegas Strip. Badain told the board the average cost of a Raiders personal seat license will be about $4,000 per seat. Some will be much lower and others much higher.

Interesting stat:

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/8/21/16171868/las-vegas-raiders-deposits-suggest-strong-support-mostly-from-outside-nevada

McCabe says early PSL money shows 43% coming from Nevada, 29% from California and 28% from other locations

McCabe’s figures are based on the $100-refundable deposits that went on sale. And right now, according to Raidersbeat.com, the Raiders have sold around 50,000 deposits.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

There is a Live Cam feed on the Raiders website, FYI.  So you guys can see the progress daily.

https://www.raiders.com/lasvegas/live-stadium-camera

Nice of the Mandalay Bay to install the camera on their hotel.  Pretty impressive zoom in ability also.  Waiting to get my appointment setup to pick out my seats, the last letter they sent said it should be sometime this summer.

• Like 2

I drive by the site twice daily on my way to and from work. They are humming right along, the lower section has been cut and mostly installed (goes about 30-40 ft below ‘ground level’), it’s a lot of fun getting to see it take shape. Never seen so much rebar laying awaiting install, it will surely be an amazing structure. Supposedly around September this year I’ll get my call to go choose seats thru the PSL pre-sale (club level and VIP seating selection has already begun at the offices in Town Square) exciting to bring the Raiders to town! 

Edited by #39 Fan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, #39 Fan said:

I drive by the sight twice daily on my way to and from work. They are humming right along, the lower section has been cut and mostly installed (goes about 30-40 ft below ‘ground level’), it’s a lot of fun getting to see it take shape. Never seen so much rebar laying awaiting install, it will surely be an amazing structure. Supposedly around September this year I’ll get my call to go choose seats thru the PSL pre-sale (club level and VIP seating selection has already begun at the offices in Town Square) exciting to bring the Raiders to town! 

Yeah, just re-read my letter and it says they look forward to seeing me in the coming months, for some reason I thought it said this summer.  I will be down there next month(usually down there 1-2 times per year) so I will have to go look again.  Last time I was there they had just started moving dirt so there wasnt much to look at.

• Like 1

Nice!! Yeah they are really moving along with it, but still a lot to be done also. I can’t imagine how much works goes into the stadium once the exterior is complete, seems like that would take longer than the structure itself 

On 6/5/2018 at 2:25 PM, #39 Fan said:

Nice!! Yeah they are really moving along with it, but still a lot to be done also. I can’t imagine how much works goes into the stadium once the exterior is complete, seems like that would take longer than the structure itself 

I work in construction.  You can bet your behind that the 'shell’ of the structure is the easiest.  The plumbing, electrical, and inside details is what takes time.  

• Like 2

I bet it’s absolutely intense. It’s always been interesting to me, cool to see such a large project taking shape daily. I’ll be driving by the site here in about an hour, they have quite the crew working on it non-stop 

I'm working in San Francisco right now.  If I get the chance when I get done here in calling local 525 and seeing if they need anyone.  How cool would it be to work on your favorite teams stadium?! ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 1:10 AM, Totty said:

I work in construction.  You can bet your behind that the 'shell’ of the structure is the easiest.  The plumbing, electrical, and inside details is what takes time.  

And you can be rest assured the sparkys will put their conduit in the easiest spot for them regardless of drawings screwing over all other trades. ?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, billking said:

And you can be rest assured the sparkys will put their conduit in the easiest spot for them regardless of drawings screwing over all other trades. ?

Every single f'n time!  

IBEW....I BLOCK EVERY WALKWAY

On 6/12/2018 at 11:32 AM, Totty said:

I'm working in San Francisco right now.  If I get the chance when I get done here in calling local 525 and seeing if they need anyone.  How cool would it be to work on your favorite teams stadium?! ?

Do it Totty so you can bury a Broncos Jersey at mid field.