Las Vegas Stadium News

NickButera

19 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The good; getting excited about this.  Great shot of the stadium.  The bad; my Son's friends asking about my tickets and my Nephew wanting to attend opening day.  He says "I'll buy the food".  Big Whoop!

Edited by S&B Bleeder
Correcting spelling.

• 2 weeks later...

Move over, Dallas Cowboys; the Oakland Raiders are the kings of stadium naming rights deals.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported yesterday that the Raiders' new $1.9 billion home will be called Allegiant Stadium. According to the article, "terms of the naming-rights deal were not disclosed, but experts with experience on similar deals say Allegiant is likely paying between $20 million and $25 million in cash and in-kind services a year to put its name on the building."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2019/08/06/oakland-raiders-reportedly-nab-nfls-most-valuable-stadium-rights-deal/#be84cde1a9ab

Someone in the Raiders front office is killing it.  The naming rights isn't the story here, its the amount.  Holy hell...:o

Edited by Totty

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders also signed a deal with M Resort. Will be where the team meets up the night before a home game. 

Crazy how fast the stadium is getting done. 

What really hit me is this:

- The Chargers have Rivers with 1 year left on his deal. He's 38 and it looks like age is catching up to him. Lynn probably is getting fired too. Their team is gonna be in shambles next year.

- The Rams went all in to try and win a title last year and have pretty much punted a lot of future assets and flexibility to win now. Presumably to get a fanbase in LA. And yet....this still remains a Lakers and Dodgers town. Even still, the Rams are kinda floundering at the moment. Things can change but I'm not sure how their future looks long term.

These teams will share the stadium Kroenke funded and the NFL is trying very hard to be a success.

Meanwhile, the Raiders, the team the NFL didn't want in LA, might just make the playoffs before even leaving Oakland. AND have cap flexibility. AND have extra draft picks going forward. Just crazy to me.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Meanwhile, the Raiders, the team the NFL didn't want in LA, might just make the playoffs before even leaving Oakland. AND have cap flexibility. AND have extra draft picks going forward. Just crazy to me.

Though staying in Cali and already being in LA before and with success you'd think it's a logical choice for Raiders but the NFL is probably still pissed at Al so making things difficult for his son is all they had left. Vegas fits our 'outlaw' rep from the ol days but instead of looking like the El Cortez we'll be more MGM resorts. From Bellagio to Circus Circus (both sold) We'll have high end and family entertainment. With legal gambling NFL was smart to make this more. Vegas will be getting a growing team with a lot more room to grow. I do wonder how a strike could affect things. Probably just a speed bump on the road to glory.

I was in Vegas in September, and the city is already totally embracing the team. I got about 50 compliments on my Raider shield tattoo, and me and my girlfriend were both stopped by locals wanting to chat about how excited they are to have the Raiders coming to town when we had Raider gear on. 

I get it, Vegas is a transient town in most eyes, and there will surely be a lot of away teams fans that circle that game as the one to make it to, but it won't be anything like what Chargers games look like. Our squad already has such a big, national fanbase, and we look like we might actually be good from the first day we touch down in Vegas, I don't think it's going to be much of a problem personally. There's Raider gear in damn near every store on the strip and every booth on Freemont Street. I still think us going to LA made the most sense, but I think it'll be awesome to have our own stadium and a stranglehold on uncharted NFL territory, I think its a relocation that's going to be a smashing hit, and even more so if we win. 

With the way Vegas responded with the NHL team makes me excited to see how it will be next year. Knights were born in Vegas so situation is different but with the Raiders having a good season should create a lot of excitement for the locals going into next year. 

The stadium atmosphere is the main thing I am worry about. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2019 at 11:07 AM, Mr Raider said:

I was in Vegas in September, and the city is already totally embracing the team. I got about 50 compliments on my Raider shield tattoo, and me and my girlfriend were both stopped by locals wanting to chat about how excited they are to have the Raiders coming to town when we had Raider gear on. 

I get it, Vegas is a transient town in most eyes, and there will surely be a lot of away teams fans that circle that game as the one to make it to, but it won't be anything like what Chargers games look like. Our squad already has such a big, national fanbase, and we look like we might actually be good from the first day we touch down in Vegas, I don't think it's going to be much of a problem personally. There's Raider gear in damn near every store on the strip and every booth on Freemont Street. I still think us going to LA made the most sense, but I think it'll be awesome to have our own stadium and a stranglehold on uncharted NFL territory, I think its a relocation that's going to be a smashing hit, and even more so if we win. 

Vegas is a much easier drive  for fans in Southern California too. LA fans who want to stay loyal will have no problem taking that weekend trip 

Went to the Charger game in Oakland a few weeks back and the Jets game this past Sunday, man, just seeing the difference between our old worn out, out dated Trashy stadium and a new state of the art stadium like MetLife was eye opening. It’s gonna make a huge difference for not only fan experience but player experience as well. It’s gonna be a lot easier to sell playing at the latest greatest stadium rather than what is probably the worst. I was kind bummed out after the Charger game because being in the crowd you feel for the Oakland fans, but damn, I’m pumped up and can’t wait to watch the Silver & Black at the new stadium. 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Vegas is a much easier drive  for fans in Southern California too. LA fans who want to stay loyal will have no problem taking that weekend trip 

Yep, 2 hours less drive and about 30-45 minute less flight. Plus there’s actually stuff to do in LV.