Las Vegas Stadium News

NickButera

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Never could really get myself to like baseball and hockey. 

I think the steroid era killed it for me lol

mark McGuire went from looking like Larry bird to hulk hogan overnight lol

I never recovered from the strike of 95'? I haven't watched more than a World Series game here and there since. It would be close in score to how many times I've watched a game live and on TV.  I just can't do it anymore.

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You damn yanks and your anti-hockey mindset!!!!! 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611fe0c3b45998d71fdd5

It's funny, we are the weird ones compared to the rest of the world.  I couldn't ever get into watching Hockey or Soccer always seemed so boring going back and forth with little scoring. Now I liked playing Soccer and Field Hockey when I was younger because I was in the action, but watching it was nap time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Reminds me of what it was like when I lived in Australia. They were of course rabid Rugby fans and I was obviously pro-NFL. The amount of heated arguments me and a few North American buddies got in with Aussies/Kiwi was pretty impressive. 

Rugby is sooo cool

its like soccer for tough guys

I gotta say it is amusing to hear someone say baseball is boring but likes watching golf(the equivalent of watching paint dry to me.lol) different strokes for different folks. I used to pitch in HS and JUCO so a "boring" pitchers duel is awesome to me (i`m not right tho,...and freely admit this! lmao!)

I have a love and hate relationship with baseball. Get really excited when the season starts then I remember how long the season really is and forget about it until the NBA playoffs are over and get back into and get my heart ready for the Dodgers to crush it again once October comes. 

Side note cant wait to visit Vegas again in a couple of months to see the stadium again. 

19 hours ago, true2form said:

Take Golf off the list for me and add "off and on" to March Madness now.  I'm really down to football as the only sport I truly watch.

I really am too any more. Football is the only sport where all games feel relevant. A loss in week 1 could matter at the end.

NBA, these guys are taking days off all season until the playoffs and they are so social media obsessed it's gross. Baseball's season is so long and full of cheating apparently I can't get excited about it.

18 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

I gotta say it is amusing to hear someone say baseball is boring but likes watching golf(the equivalent of watching paint dry to me.lol) different strokes for different folks. I used to pitch in HS and JUCO so a "boring" pitchers duel is awesome to me (i`m not right tho,...and freely admit this! lmao!)

That's a big part of it. I play a lot of golf is a big reason I watch the majors. And it's 10x the product when Tiger is playing well.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I really am too any more. Football is the only sport where all games feel relevant. A loss in week 1 could matter at the end.

NBA, these guys are taking days off all season until the playoffs and they are so social media obsessed it's gross. Baseball's season is so long and full of cheating apparently I can't get excited about it.

I hear ya.  Maybe it's a generational thing, idk.  I am starting to wonder if I'll eventually phase out football with the way things are headed too.  This is not the game I grew up with.  I'm only 40 so I'm not that old, but sports look a helluva lot different now than they did when I was 20.

20 minutes ago, true2form said:

I hear ya.  Maybe it's a generational thing, idk.  I am starting to wonder if I'll eventually phase out football with the way things are headed too.  This is not the game I grew up with.  I'm only 40 so I'm not that old, but sports look a helluva lot different now than they did when I was 20.

Agree completely. We are from the same era. 90's NFL just had a different feel to it. 

I honestly miss the old NFL before it's become a massive profitable entertainment company. I miss the old school owners who had the family like attitude to their organization. I miss the old draft before all this 3 day pageantry. And just miss the old school game where the flag stayed in their pockets. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, true2form said:

I lost interest in most professional sports a while ago.  I only watch football now.  I could not stand the whining from basketball players when I played.  I stopped watching all together during the last NBA strike when the players refused a 50/50 split with the owners.  

21 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Rugby is sooo cool

It’s much closer to football than soccer imo.

I got made to play rugby in high school and hated it. The weather over here is generally awful for half the year so often you’re just freezing and covered in mud when playing. I still never watch it, and probably wouldn’t again unless Scotland got to a Rugby World Cup final (which ain’t happening).

It’s funny how people view different sports, but each to their own. I love both football and soccer, really like tennis and I actually don’t mind golf but maybe that’s because I’ve played it. Baseball and cricket are a total snooze to me; a bunch of guys standing around doing nothing 90% of the time. Basketball is ok and it has exciting moments but mostly it’s just up & down the court with continuous scoring, so meh. Hockey... have to say I’ve never seen a game in my life, so no opinion.

21 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Rugby is sooo cool

Hehe, did you ever play rugby? We have a saying over here that soccer players spend all game pretending they’re hurt and rugby players spend all game pretending they’re not 😀

Football and rugby are my two favourite sports, I’ve tried to watch baseball and basketball but could never get into those. Watched a couple baseball games when I was last in California and I didn’t have a clue what was happening!