Las Vegas Stadium News

NickButera

13 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Hehe, did you ever play rugby? We have a saying over here that soccer players spend all game pretending they’re hurt and rugby players spend all game pretending they’re not 😀

Football and rugby are my two favourite sports, I’ve tried to watch baseball and basketball but could never get into those. Watched a couple baseball games when I was last in California and I didn’t have a clue what was happening!

I played rugby with a team full of Polynesians lol that’s how I perfected my tackling technique. 

I say it’s closer to soccer because I’m a ex lineman so all I know is trenches. We don’t run around a lot lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agree completely. We are from the same era. 90's NFL just had a different feel to it. 

I honestly miss the old NFL before it's become a massive profitable entertainment company. I miss the old school owners who had the family like attitude to their organization. I miss the old draft before all this 3 day pageantry. And just miss the old school game where the flag stayed in their pockets. 

Definitely. 

I cringe when people compare for instance Mahomes to Favre.  They may have the same gunslinger type characteristics, but let me see the kid get hit multiple times a game and see if he's still standing or not. You get a penalty nowadays if your helmet gets slapped, smh. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I played rugby with a team full of Polynesians lol that’s how I perfected my tackling technique. 

I say it’s closer to soccer because I’m a ex lineman so all I know is trenches. We don’t run around a lot lol

Those Polynesians sure can hit can't they!

I played from childhood right the way up then when I retired tried my hand at football as Id loved watching it from an early age. Played LB and DE and just loved smashing into people, the helmet and pads make you feel invincible when you've come from rugby 😁     

47 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I played from childhood right the way up then when I retired tried my hand at football as Id loved watching it from an early age. Played LB and DE and just loved smashing into people, the helmet and pads make you feel invincible when you've come from rugby 😁     

I only made it through about a month of practice then I just couldn’t do it lol. Coming home every night beat the hell up. Socks soaked in mud hell whole body soaked in mud lol. Only non poly out there I gained their respect tho.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, true2form said:

I hear ya.  Maybe it's a generational thing, idk.  I am starting to wonder if I'll eventually phase out football with the way things are headed too.  This is not the game I grew up with.  I'm only 40 so I'm not that old, but sports look a helluva lot different now than they did when I was 20.

I just turned 49 and I think I'll be done with football in 2-3 years. Even the games they show on TV are geared for us to get 'Season Ticket' but with it becoming less of a gladiator match and more of a fantasy/score/break records driven league I'm checking out. I use to never work Sundays because I had to watch the games. Now I work but am paid and still watch the games and there are times I'm choosing not to watch. Didn't watch a single Thursday night game. Almost did as I started watching the Raider game but only a few minutes. That's when I realized that I might be able to walk away in a few more seasons. Can't quit cold turkey. LOL

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Faster than expected for big guys. A buddy in Hawaii played with a bunch of guys for Thanksgiving and one year I joined them. Hurt my hamstring when I put on the burners to catch a guy who beat me but he was fast and my hammy gave out before I got him. He had another gear but even had I caught him he probably could have drug me for the TD. Never seen a big man so fast in person. Played outdoor volleyball with a smaller guy from the islands who had a belly but his hops in the sand was amazing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, G said:

I just turned 49 and I think I'll be done with football in 2-3 years. Even the games they show on TV are geared for us to get 'Season Ticket' but with it becoming less of a gladiator match and more of a fantasy/score/break records driven league I'm checking out. I use to never work Sundays because I had to watch the games. Now I work but am paid and still watch the games and there are times I'm choosing not to watch. Didn't watch a single Thursday night game. Almost did as I started watching the Raider game but only a few minutes. That's when I realized that I might be able to walk away in a few more seasons. Can't quit cold turkey. LOL

Yeah I'm not wanting this to happen, but it's a real possibility.  I've really cut back on watching a lot of games.  I try to watch my teams each week, but I watch less and less of everyone else.  Even in the playoffs I'm just rooting against somebody more than for anyone.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, G said:

Faster than expected for big guys. A buddy in Hawaii played with a bunch of guys for Thanksgiving and one year I joined them. Hurt my hamstring when I put on the burners to catch a guy who beat me but he was fast and my hammy gave out before I got him. He had another gear but even had I caught him he probably could have drug me for the TD. Never seen a big man so fast in person. Played outdoor volleyball with a smaller guy from the islands who had a belly but his hops in the sand was amazing.

Some of those guys are amazing athletes, Ive often wondered why NFL teams or colleges dont look at young Tongan, Samoan and Fijian rugby players. A lot of them move to Australia or NZ for financial and educational reasons so it stands to reason the US could be a good option. 

• Like 1

I used to love it. I've watched maybe a handful of games the past five years and that's because my in-laws love it but they watch golf too lol. Most ppl don't continue to watch the baseball playoffs when their team is out. Can't say the same about football and there's a reason for that. NFL schedule release and draft get better ratings than April ⚾