Las Vegas Stadium News

NickButera

• 1 month later...

FYI and what to expect:  As an update on LV Raiders season tickets I received my invoice today.  My seats are not that great but I'm on the Raiders side, lower deck, 35 rows up (and I don't know how many rows they have in the lower deck) probably on the 5 yard line.  $3,980.00 which represents 2 seats for 10 games I presume.  That's $199.00 per ticket per game.  I'm not sure if preseason tickets are less than regular season. 

A bit more than I expected.  This is what one does as a Raider devotee as I don't foresee this as a money making proposition even selling some of my tickets. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

How hot is the outside of that building going to be in the summer?  

Why do you ask?

Do you plan to stick you tongue out and touch it like a reverse Christmas story scene or something?

It's Vegas in the summer, so damn hot! Just like the stadium in AZ or any other building in the strip.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Why do you ask?

Do you plan to stick you tongue out and touch it like a reverse Christmas story scene or something?

It's Vegas in the summer, so damn hot! Just like the stadium in AZ or any other building in the strip.

I do not think you need a science background to know that a white/light silver building will not get anywhere close to the temp a black building would.  The black building would end up 50-70 degrees hotter than the lighter color.  That heat will be radiated into the surrounding area.  On a 90 degree day a black roof top can reach temps of up to 190 degrees.  What do you think happens on a day that is 115 degrees.  It will probably feel like a sauna just walking by the building.  I assume they thought of this and have figured out the best option.  I am curious as to what it is and if they did not I can not wait for the temp readings people get.

Edited by drfrey13

35 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not think you need a science background to know that a white/light silver building will not get anywhere close to the temp a black building would.  The black building would end up 50-70 degrees hotter than the lighter color.  That heat will be radiated into the surrounding area.  On a 90 degree day a black roof top can reach temps of up to 190 degrees.  What do you think happens on a day that is 115 degrees.  It will probably feel like a sauna just walking by the building.  I assume they thought of this and have figured out the best option.  I am curious as to what it is and if they did not I can not wait for the temp readings people get.

I’m assuming more AC units than any stadium in the league and just blasting at all times. And warnings about touching the surface. I doubt the seats are gonna be black but you never know. 

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I was watching the rams and chargers this past week.... man that stadium better not be filled with away fans 

Unlike the Chargers, we’ve actually got fans, so we’ll never be embarrassingly outnumbered like they continuously are at home.

I do think for games against teams like the Steelers and Cowboys who have fans everywhere, though, it’ll be close to 50/50.

Edited by Nightmare

8 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I've been wondering this for awhile, but I hope we don't start wearing white at home like the cowboys. If so, I hope it's the ones with the silver numbers. I wonder if they would add a silver alternate with the move.

in Oakland ive always thought it was dumb when the raiders would wear black on a real hot day at the start of the season. 

but i agree, in the new stadium I hope they always wear black at home

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’m assuming more AC units than any stadium in the league and just blasting at all times. And warnings about touching the surface. I doubt the seats are gonna be black but you never know. 

I was thinking more about mid summer.  No games will be happening and the traffic around the stadium will be low.  

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

in Oakland ive always thought it was dumb when the raiders would wear black on a real hot day at the start of the season. 

but i agree, in the new stadium I hope they always wear black at home

September would be the only month this would matter.  I believe they can switch it week to week so you just do what it is most advantageous for you.

• Like 1