Las Vegas Stadium News

NickButera

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

And some of you cheer on the City of Oakland. One of the most corrupt city councils and mayor in the entire country. They deserve zero sports teams. Shame. The people there deserve better. 

Being born and currently living in California, I think the whole political system is seriously flawed. Nevada is much more business friendly and Colorado was great when I lived there from 1994-1999. Colorado Springs was a little more conservative than my liking back then but might be too Californized now. Been a long time since I visited there.

Oakland/Berkeley's homeless problem should make all those in charge EMBARRASSED...SF too, it's literally a ****ehole. Next recession is going to change Cali but hoping I won't be here for it. Either Vegas or THAILAND!!! Then I'll buy a Cali vacation home like I should have in 2010. A lady in the gym is raising her rental to 3,300 in Petaluma because of the increase of her fire insurance. (was 3100) Newsome passed the bill about premiums but that's just in the fire damaged areas. Petaluma (South Sonoma County) wasn't touched by any of the fires the past few years so insurance is jumping a lot in the unaffected areas to offset them not being able to raise it in the areas that burned. Reminds me of the early Enron days.

PS I voted Libertarian last time because I'm sick of both parties. I also usually vote out incumbants because it seems to be all about the career and getting votes than actually helping the 'people they serve' Hence why I got rid of TV a year ago. I'd rather focus on the positives so....Can't wait for the stadium to be done. The excitement of locals and those traveling will make events there an experience to remember. I like being around those enjoying themselves. Hence why I'm in Vegas each EDC week. May 15/16/17 in 2020. :D

Edited by G

13 minutes ago, G said:

Being born and currently living in California, I think the whole political system is seriously flawed. Nevada is much more business friendly and Colorado was great when I lived there from 1994-1999. Colorado Springs was a little more conservative than my liking back then but might be too Californized now. Been a long time since I visited there.

Oakland/Berkeley's homeless problem should make all those in charge EMBARRASSED...SF too, it's literally a ****ehole. Next recession is going to change Cali but hoping I won't be here for it. Either Vegas or THAILAND!!! Then I'll buy a Cali vacation home like I should have in 2010. A lady in the gym is raising her rental to 3,300 in Petaluma because of the increase of her fire insurance. (was 3100) Newsome passed the bill about premiums but that's just in the fire damaged areas. Petaluma (South Sonoma County) wasn't touched by any of the fires the past few years so insurance is jumping a lot in the unaffected areas to offset them not being able to raise it in the areas that burned. Reminds me of the early Enron days.

PS I voted Libertarian last time because I'm sick of both parties. I also usually vote out incumbants because it seems to be all about the career and getting votes than actually helping the 'people they serve' Hence why I got rid of TV a year ago. I'd rather focus on the positives so....Can't wait for the stadium to be done. The excitement of locals and those traveling will make events there an experience to remember. I like being around those enjoying themselves. Hence why I'm in Vegas each EDC week. May 15/16/17 in 2020. :D

Yes California by far has the most corrupt politicians. Kamala Harris, almost every governor, etc. 

If you’re into politics google Andrew Yang. Never cared much for politics before him. 

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes California by far has the most corrupt politicians. Kamala Harris, almost every governor, etc. 

If you’re into politics google Andrew Yang. Never cared much for politics before him. 

I've actually noticed him already when he went against the grain on a past thing. Can't remember what it was but I'll look closer at him if he gets the Dem ticket or runs Indy.

9 minutes ago, G said:

I've actually noticed him already when he went against the grain on a past thing. Can't remember what it was but I'll look closer at him if he gets the Dem ticket or runs Indy.

He won’t run indy but he’s gonna need a lotttt of traction to get the dem ticket. But he’s growing at a massive rate. More Small Donors than anyone, 200,000 to 350,000 donors in 2 1/2 months, and was the #1 Google Search and #1 Youtube Search in United States after last debate on Thursday. 

Hoping he can keep climbing. The rest of the democratic candidates are terrible to me. I will just not vote again if he doesn’t get it. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Of all the scenarios being considered, people close to the situation indicate the most likely at this early stage could be the Raiders’ home opener filling the Sunday Night Football stage, with the Rams’ home opener at SoFi Stadium, the $5 billion, 72,000-seat stadium being built by Rams owner Stan Kroenke, opening the NFL season on the preceding Thursday night.

In that article about this they mentioned a good point the NFL would want to give the Raiders a big name in the first game seeing how the possibilities of it being on Sunday night football and they would need to make sure the TV ratings are good. They mentioned how it could be the Saints. The Raiders will also play the second place AFC South and North team which would be the Steelers and Titans. Feel like it would have to be the Saints, Steelers or Chiefs for the home opener. 

Edited by agarcia34

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Of all the scenarios being considered, people close to the situation indicate the most likely at this early stage could be the Raiders’ home opener filling the Sunday Night Football stage, with the Rams’ home opener at SoFi Stadium, the $5 billion, 72,000-seat stadium being built by Rams owner Stan Kroenke, opening the NFL season on the preceding Thursday night.

In that article about this they mentioned a good point the NFL would want to give the Raiders a big name in the first game seeing how the possibilities of it being on Sunday night football and they would need to make sure the TV ratings are good. They mentioned how it could be the Saints. The Raiders will also play the second place AFC South and North team which would be the Steelers and Titans. Feel like it would have to be the Saints, Steelers or Chiefs for the home opener. 

Raiders vs Steelers would be an awesome way to kickoff our new stadium on SNF

On 12/26/2019 at 1:04 PM, Nightmare said:

Steelers’ glory hunter fans would be all over the stadium if we had them. Far more winnable game than the Saints or Chiefs though, I guess.

We seem to regularly open the season with divisional games, so I was assuming it would be Chiefs anyway.

I would say Chargers.  Weak fan base which gives Raider fans the entire stadium.  The place would be insane and still a decent divisional game.  You only want to see Silver and Black that first week.  I do not want to see any red tomahawks or yellow towels.  You would want it at night so the temp is not triple digits.  I am sure the NFL does not want any deaths from dehydration week one.

23 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I would say Chargers.  Weak fan base which gives Raider fans the entire stadium.  The place would be insane and still a decent divisional game.  You only want to see Silver and Black that first week.  I do not want to see any red tomahawks or yellow towels.  You would want it at night so the temp is not triple digits.  I am sure the NFL does not want any deaths from dehydration week one.

Sunday night football is the biggest stage for football during the season they would want to match the Raiders up with a team that does good ratings to ensure the ratings for that game are good. Saints make the perfect opponent especially if they win the Super Bowl. 

Chargers would also probably open the season on MNF with the second game cause they would need to showcase them with the new stadium as well.

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Sunday night football is the biggest stage for football during the season they would want to match the Raiders up with a team that does good ratings to ensure the ratings for that game are good. Saints make the perfect opponent especially if they win the Super Bowl. 

Chargers would also probably open the season on MNF with the second game cause they would need to showcase them with the new stadium as well.

If the Chargers play on MNF, it's basically a home game for whomever they play. LA belongs to Raiders and Rams fans. They should've stayed in San Diego. 

The Saints on SNF would be both a ratings boost and a good test for how well our team plays. I would like that. 

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I thought they were going to have the Rams play the first home game on Thursday.  I do not think they can have 2 games in the stadium a couple days apart.  I could be wrong but I think only one team can play a home game per week.