Las Vegas Stadium News

NickButera

38 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Why was the Al Davis Torch made from a 3D printer?  Seems like it’d be so much easier to just make by hand....

unless it’s so you can say you have the largest object that’s from a 3D printer.

(I know nothing about these printers.... maybe it’s way faster and cost efficient to use them)

There a toy and my friend who bought one for is daughter in HS is always playing with it. Likes to look around the shop and see what he caould print. LOL

How they put the roof together is amazing. I always been curious about the roof and that video was awesome. 

Tbh I would have let that Vegas sun hit that visitor sideline. Get any advantage possible. 

Edited by agarcia34

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Tbh I would have let that Vegas sun hit that visitor sideline. Get any advantage possible. 

Lmao that’s so grimey.... I love it! 

The roof is a really cool design.... but I really like grass field tray that moves outside to get sun and slides back in for games.... with the FieldTurf floor under it..... it’s a nice feature so we don’t have our grass field getting destroyed by the college team.

Why couldn’t we have something like that field tray in Oakland so we weren’t playing on a baseball diamond with dirt.

While I’m no engineer.... I always felt their was a relatively reasonable way to up the dirt

I really like that video.... it hits home for me on the amount of actual engineering and work that’s needed for projects to be built.... in my life it seems that designers always make these beautiful designs and then it’s the architects and builders who have the insanely hard job of actually making it work.  Ideas are always good in theory but then when you have to actually build them it can be very challenging and takes a lot of ingenuity.

That sun on the visitor sideline plays a huge part with teams who play the Dolphins. Just think its an advantage that was missed. Is it gonna win you games no, but having teams sit in the Vegas sun in September will take its toll on a team over 4 Qtrs.

I didn't know about the wall that opens up. Bet that is something that is always open during night games. 

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

That sun on the visitor sideline plays a huge part with teams who play the Dolphins. Just think its an advantage that was missed. Is it gonna win you games no, but having teams sit in the Vegas sun in September will take its toll on a team over 4 Qtrs.

I didn't know about the wall that opens up. Bet that is something that is always open during night games. 

I remember the Fins making us wear our black jerseys on a hot day and we barely lost. It worked for them that day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Dolphins from my memory always make the Raiders wear black during day games and wearing that black with those pads on drains you when you're just baking in that sun. 

I was at that game.  The stands were in the shade and I literally drank 4 bottles of water during that game.  The humidity and heat in general is horrible to deal with.