Las Vegas Stadium News

NickButera

10 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

bulldog_stadium_bowl_2.jpeg?itok=0_4DGEu

Looks like a nice stadium. Seats 40,727. 10,727 more than the Stub Hub Center the Chargers play in. 15, 330 less than O.Co Coliseum. Anything can happen I guess.

Only seats are those red ones. The rest are benches with literal bleachers in the end zone. It would be crazy to pay $100 a pop to watch them play here. Of course they’d only play 7 games where ever they play. Personally I still think that they figure out a deal to play in Oakland another year. 

12 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Only seats are those red ones. The rest are benches with literal bleachers in the end zone. It would be crazy to pay $100 a pop to watch them play here. Of course they’d only play 7 games where ever they play. Personally I still think that they figure out a deal to play in Oakland another year. 

I didn't realize that about the seating. It still looks like a nice stadium. But I don't think the Raiders will play there now. Thanks for pointing that out Chali21.

22 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Isn't Lambeau and LA Coliseum all bleachers too though? Or am I making that up? Might be totally wrong 

Edited by Blazer026

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

Isn't Lambeau and LA Coliseum all bleachers too though? Or am I making that up? Might be totally wrong 

LA Coliseum has had decent seating since the 80's.  I saw the Super Bowl at the Rose Bowl in '77 and the seating was not good at that time.  I can't remember if it was bench type.  We beat the Vikings by the way.

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

Big difference is that Lambeau is basically a historical landmark. I think Fresno State actually wants to renovate the stadium to modernize it. 

Also i work for a news station here in fresno and we reported that the raiders reached out and told fresno state that they aren’t under strong consideration. 

They are coming back to Oakland. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Big difference is that Lambeau is basically a historical landmark. I think Fresno State actually wants to renovate the stadium to modernize it. 

Also i work for a news station here in fresno and we reported that the raiders reached out and told fresno state that they aren’t under strong consideration. 

They are coming back to Oakland. 

yeah I was hoping Fresno State could be paid a nice check by Mark Davis... money to be used on renovate the stadium and and improve practice facilities. similar to The Vikings and Gophers....

If availability of a stadium is not an issue, why would (outside of oakland) a city/stadium not be interested in having the raiders for a year? 

The whole reason we are leaving is because another city offered 100s of millions to come play, but nobody jumping on this to get the nfl for free in your city for 1 or 2 years? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 2:08 AM, Roninho said:

If availability of a stadium is not an issue, why would (outside of oakland) a city/stadium not be interested in having the raiders for a year? 

The whole reason we are leaving is because another city offered 100s of millions to come play, but nobody jumping on this to get the nfl for free in your city for 1 or 2 years? 

I assume there are logistical city planning type issues involved. Not all cities can handle the influx of people, excess traffic, extra services necessary such as police, fire, etc... Not all cities have venues suited to the NFL either. There are specific needs a pro game has above and beyond college games, locker rooms, TV and cameras, pre production, and so on. It's entertainment with a certain production level and style. Same as the idea that you can't film a major motion picture in a studio designed for local news. Same general idea goes for venues for other sports. Also take into account not all of the politicians out there are keen on the extra work. I'm sure few are. They don't really care if the city and people make x amount of dollars or not, they're mostly just running their comfortable thing they have going. And cities tend to have lots of red tape that could get in the way. By the time they've done a viability assessment to figure out how much money it would make the city, years have passed and much money spent. Just some thoughts on it. 

8 hours ago, holyghost said:

I assume there are logistical city planning type issues involved. Not all cities can handle the influx of people, excess traffic, extra services necessary such as police, fire, etc... Not all cities have venues suited to the NFL either. There are specific needs a pro game has above and beyond college games, locker rooms, TV and cameras, pre production, and so on. It's entertainment with a certain production level and style. Same as the idea that you can't film a major motion picture in a studio designed for local news. Same general idea goes for venues for other sports. Also take into account not all of the politicians out there are keen on the extra work. I'm sure few are. They don't really care if the city and people make x amount of dollars or not, they're mostly just running their comfortable thing they have going. And cities tend to have lots of red tape that could get in the way. By the time they've done a viability assessment to figure out how much money it would make the city, years have passed and much money spent. Just some thoughts on it. 

That makes sense. 

WIth it being hard to find 1 hostcity it actually might make sense to rotate locations in combination with the international series. So be the home team in all the games in 2019 in the international series (what is that, 3 in UK & 1 in Mexico), and fill the other 4 dates at ''random' stadiums in the US. It is hard to find a stadium available for 8 games in 2019, but 2 stadiums for 4 games somewhere in the west should not be an issue. Heck, i'm certain that if we offer to have a 'home' game vs. the Cowboys in Cowboys Stadium we'd get a big check from Jones on the spot i imagine. 

It doesnt make sense from a sporting perspective, but logistical and financial probably does to just rotate locations where you play, while you train at 1 location.