Anthony Davis Demands Trade

sdrawkcab321

3 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Sure but that’s not where his value hinges from. It’s not like he’s scum when Kawhi sits or anything like that. Some of the stuff he does is freakish. Do you watch any Raptor games? Are you aware of how he plays? 

Also all your guys play next to LeBron. Do they not benifit from him? Don’t say one year don’t say he’s missed 15 games those also apply for Kawhi and the Raps. 

I'm not going to pretend that I watch nearly as many Raptors games as you do, not even close.  Really only watch them when they're on ESPN.  But he's a damn good all-around player, but I wouldn't say he's exceptional in any one area.  Maybe you'd disagree.  Kuzma might not be the well-rounded player, but he's a really good scorer especially for the way the league has shifted.  I don't view Siakam as this exceptional piece by any means, I think he's a damn good secondary piece (much like Kuzma).  But if you're building an offer around Siakam for AD, I'm not interested.  Just like I wouldn't be interested in a Kuzma-based package.  The Lakers are hoping the sheer amount of young talent is enough to entice the Pelicans.  Not because they think any of their pieces are individually overly valuable.

Actually no.  The only young guy I'd argue is playing better with LeBron is Kuzma.  Lonzo has had his moments playing with LeBron, but he's too inconsistent.  Ingram at times looks absolutely lost with how to play with LeBron.  There's been some talk that the Lakers would be better off with bringing Ingram off the bench.  But in terms of fit, Kuzma has easily found the easiest adjustment playing with LeBron.  And historically speaking, LeBron hasn't played well with young players.  Hell, even Chris Bosh and Kevin Love had an adjustment period playing with LeBron.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not going to pretend that I watch nearly as many Raptors games as you do, not even close.  Really only watch them when they're on ESPN.  But he's a damn good all-around player, but I wouldn't say he's exceptional in any one area.  Maybe you'd disagree.  Kuzma might not be the well-rounded player, but he's a really good scorer especially for the way the league has shifted.  I don't view Siakam as this exceptional piece by any means, I think he's a damn good secondary piece (much like Kuzma).  But if you're building an offer around Siakam for AD, I'm not interested.  Just like I wouldn't be interested in a Kuzma-based package.  The Lakers are hoping the sheer amount of young talent is enough to entice the Pelicans.  Not because they think any of their pieces are individually overly valuable.

Actually no.  The only young guy I'd argue is playing better with LeBron is Kuzma.  Lonzo has had his moments playing with LeBron, but he's too inconsistent.  Ingram at times looks absolutely lost with how to play with LeBron.  There's been some talk that the Lakers would be better off with bringing Ingram off the bench.  But in terms of fit, Kuzma has easily found the easiest adjustment playing with LeBron.  And historically speaking, LeBron hasn't played well with young players.  Hell, even Chris Bosh and Kevin Love had an adjustment period playing with LeBron.

I can see where you are going with your argument. I don’t exactly know what Pascal could be. Right now he’s very good and definitely better than any of those Lakers right now. He is an elite athlete that has steadily to dramatically improved each and every year (which isn’t the case for 2/3 of those Lakers). He’s flat out better than any of those Lakers players right now. I don’t know how you can argue this. He really does do a bit of everything. Kuzma is a good scorer yes but what else? Ingram and Ball as so very very inconsistent they’ve had very good stretches but neither of them have put together 50+ games of play like Pascal has this year. 

3 minutes ago, BrownieTheElf said:

I’m sorry, could you explain the term “double draft.”

HS players become eligible again and there is a year in which the top college players who do the one and done route and the top HS players will be drafted the same year. 

3 minutes ago, BrownieTheElf said:

I’m sorry, could you explain the term “double draft.”

It means they will let players leave from HS instead of waiting a year. So you get the players that had to wait a year the year before plus all the HSers who would leave early.

13 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

It means they will let players leave from HS instead of waiting a year. So you get the players that had to wait a year the year before plus all the HSers who would leave early.

Ah okay, understandable. Thank you everyone. I know a few people answered.

14 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I can see where you are going with your argument. I don’t exactly know what Pascal could be. Right now he’s very good and definitely better than any of those Lakers right now. He is an elite athlete that has steadily to dramatically improved each and every year (which isn’t the case for 2/3 of those Lakers). He’s flat out better than any of those Lakers players right now. I don’t know how you can argue this. He really does do a bit of everything. Kuzma is a good scorer yes but what else? Ingram and Ball as so very very inconsistent they’ve had very good stretches but neither of them have put together 50+ games of play like Pascal has this year. 

No.  Subjectively, you think Pascal is more valuable.  I'd ague that he and Kuzma have similarish values.  But does Pacal have more value than 2 of Kuzma/Ingram/Ball?  What about all 3 of them?  I would say no to both, and I'm sure you'd disagree.  And OG doesn't make up that gap. In terms of value, I'd argue that OG is probably closer to Hart in terms of  trade value than he is Ingram/Ball.  Siakam is the better rebounder, but he's closer to being a traditional big.  Siakam is a better passer for his position than Kuzma, but I wouldn't argue there's a huge difference.  Siakam is a much better defender by a significant margin, just like I'd argue that Kuzma is a much better scorer.  Plus, Kuzma has an extra year of team control that Siakam doesn't.  Other than his shooting efficiency, I wouldn't argue that Siakam is doing anything significantly better than last year.  He's just doing it on a bigger volume.

Damn, just heard this news flash and already 173 replies. I am not reading this all afternoon. So my 2 cents is, No way Boston doesn't have better assets than LA, but if AD whines enough that he will only resign in La then who knows.

Now I see why Ainge wouldn't trade this log jam of players because he is holding on all his AZZ- sets to get AD. Just waiting for the summer to start now.

They should wait until summer and do a deal w/ Boston. But I do like Toronto as a wildcard:

Anthony Davis + Slomon Hill for Pascal Siakam, OG Anunoby, Jonas Valanciunas, Fred VanVleet, 2021 Unprotected R1, 2023 Lotto Protected R1

IMO Siakam is levels above any of the Lakers youngsters, but below Tatum. Toronto is one of the few contender teams that can trade a ton of assets and not end up like post-Melo trade NY.

PG - Kyle Lowry / Delon Wright / Patrick McCaw

SG - Danny Green / Norman Powell / Patrick McCaw

SF - Kawhi Leonard / CJ Miles / Malachi Richardson

PF - Anthony Davis / Chris Boucher / Solomon Hill

C - Serge Ibaka / Greg Monroe / Chris Boucher

Knicks need to give anybody but KP, and offer #1 and they'll easily have the best frontcourt in the league. Add in the money for that third piece and they'd go from laughing stock to ruling the East. 

So naturally Dolan will crush my dreams into dust and draft RJ Barrett and I'll wanna die inside.

I hope he goes and gets to compete for titles, he's been a good guy and never whined publicly or anything. And I also respect letting the Pels know he wants to leave this early in the process so they can get good assets for him.

Fortunately I stopped watching the NBA this year and don't care anymore, otherwise I'd probably be upset. Still, I'll be rooting for AD from the sidelines. And Jrue. Jrue probably even more than AD. I hope Jrue goes somewhere great too, but idk who would take his contract. He might just be stuck.

Archived