Anthony Davis Demands Trade

sdrawkcab321

Just now, indifference said:

I get that but other than KP those assets the knicks have other than that first round pick aint going be as good as what LAL has to offer. 

That pick they have is possibly just as valuable as anything LA has, especially if it lands at #1. Heck, even #2 for that matter. 

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That pick they have is possibly just as valuable as anything LA has, especially if it lands at #1. Heck, even #2 for that matter. 

But are the Knicks going to put that pick on the table?  I'm not convinced they will.

Just now, CWood21 said:

But are the Knicks going to put that pick on the table?  I'm not convinced they will.

Well, they aren't going to do anything until the offseason. By then they will have a good idea of who will be coming, and who won't be coming. If KD is to sign with NY, you better bet your a^^ they will put that pick on the table to get Davis. NY is in the best position out of all teams right now, they just have to hope NO doesn't trade Davis until after the season. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, they aren't going to do anything until the offseason. By then they will have a good idea of who will be coming, and who won't be coming. If KD is to sign with NY, you better bet your a^^ they will put that pick on the table to get Davis. NY is in the best position out of all teams right now, they just have to hope NO doesn't trade Davis until after the season. 

I feel like the Knicks would feel less inclined to move the pick unless they were convinced another star was coming to New York.

26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I feel like the Knicks would feel less inclined to move the pick unless they were convinced another star was coming to New York.

I just said that though. By the offseason they will have a good idea of who is coming and who isn't coming. So if they get word that KD is coming? Then they wouldn't have a problem moving that pick for AD. Obviously you don't take that risk without a superstar coming to NY. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Warriors get: AD

76ers get: KD

Rockets get: Butler

Pellies get: Fultz, Jacob Evans, two Rocket 1sts, '21 MIA 1st from Philly, 1st from Warriors (plus Knight and Chriss for cap purposes) 

who says no?? lol

Everyone but Philadelphia I think.

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I just said that though. By the offseason they will have a good idea of who is coming and who isn't coming. So if they get word that KD is coming? Then they wouldn't have a problem moving that pick for AD. Obviously you don't take that risk without a superstar coming to NY. 

The problem is that it's a catch-22.  KD (or another big FA) isn't going to come unless they have another star on the roster, and AD isn't going to show a willingness to sign an extension unless there's another star on board.  So either the Knicks take a leap of faith or they have a FA already signed before they deal for AD.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

rockets for sure would do it. GS would do it if they were smart, but probably would never actually do it.

I think given the way their roster is built, Durant would be more valuable to them.  Rockets clearly say yes, they turn a bad contract and a pair late FRPs into Jimmy Butler.  And then turn around and max him this offseason.  Pelicans get a bust in Fultz, a bad contract in Knight, and no valuable picks.  Hell, I think the Lakers offering KCP, a pair of FRPs, and a few non-Ingram/Kuzma/Ball assets might actually be more valuable.

Just now, showtime said:

The fact that Rich Paul released Davis' trade demand right now shows that he does not prefer to go to the Celtics.

We're going to be hearing for the next few months about where AD is willing and not willing to go to.

Just now, CWood21 said:

We're going to be hearing for the next few months about where AD is willing and not willing to go to.

If he wanted to play for the Celtics, the trade demand wouldn't have been made now.  It's before the trade deadline and the Celtics can't even trade for him right now. 

Archived