Anthony Davis Demands Trade

sdrawkcab321

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The problem is that it's a catch-22.  KD (or another big FA) isn't going to come unless they have another star on the roster, and AD isn't going to show a willingness to sign an extension unless there's another star on board.  So either the Knicks take a leap of faith or they have a FA already signed before they deal for AD.

If KD wants to go to NY, then he will go to NY. Don't overthink it, and obviously he will be confident they can get someone else. If the Knicks get KD, do you really think they would be scared of AD leaving after the season? Hell no. That's the proper risk they will take. And why would AD leave? He will be playing in one of the two biggest markets in the game with another top 5 player and potentially someone else like Walker/Irving alongside them. If not them, then Porzingis if he isn't dealt to NO. Don't overthink this one. 

1 minute ago, showtime said:

If he wanted to play for the Celtics, the trade demand wouldn't have been made now.  It's before the trade deadline and the Celtics can't even trade for him right now. 

I don't think there's any doubt that the Lakers are his preferred destination, but there isn't anything forcing the Pelicans to trade him right now.  The Pelicans are almost certainly going to wait until the offseason to deal him.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If KD wants to go to NY, then he will go to NY. Don't overthink it, and obviously he will be confident they can get someone else. If the Knicks get KD, do you really think they would be scared of AD leaving after the season? Hell no. That's the proper risk they will take. And why would AD leave? He will be playing in one of the two biggest markets in the game with another top 5 player and potentially someone else like Walker/Irving alongside them. If not them, then Porzingis if he isn't dealt to NO. Don't overthink this one. 

Kevin Durant isn't going to New York on his own.  This isn't a LeBron situation where it's been in the works for years.  IF the Knicks do manage to sign Durant, then yes it's likely that Anthony Davis will stick.  But Durant going to New York is anything but a guarantee.  Golden State and Los Angeles are two very obvious destinations.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think there's any doubt that the Lakers are his preferred destination, but there isn't anything forcing the Pelicans to trade him right now.  The Pelicans are almost certainly going to wait until the offseason to deal him.

Well, according to reports, the Celtics are not going to trade Jayson Tatum unless Davis is willing to sign a long term extension and Davis is not going to do that.  That kills the amount of assets the Celtics have.  Their draft picks aren't even that great.  They have the Grizzlies pick, but it's top 8 protected this year and top 6 protected next year.  It's unprotected in 2021, but that's too far out to make it super valuable for Davis now.

Signing Rich Paul has his agent sealed the deal for the Lakers.  Even if Davis is traded to another team, he's not staying.  He made up his mind on the Lakers as soon as Paul became his agent.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

Well, according to reports, the Celtics are not going to trade Jayson Tatum unless Davis is willing to sign a long term extension and Davis is not going to do that.  That kills the amount of assets the Celtics have.  Their draft picks aren't even that great.  They have the Grizzlies pick, but it's top 8 protected this year and top 6 protected next year.  It's unprotected in 2021, but that's too far out to make it super valuable for Davis now.

Signing Rich Paul has his agent sealed the deal for the Lakers.  Even if Davis is traded to another team, he's not staying.  He made up his mind on the Lakers as soon as Paul became his agent.

I don't disagree with anything you've said.  Ainge hasn't really shown a willingness to open up his treasure chest of assets yet, so I don't anticipate that changing anytime soon.  He wasn't willing to do that with Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, or Jimmy Butler.  I don't see him doing that with Anthony Davis.  They're not dealing Tatum unless Davis agrees to an extension, which he won't.  The only concern would be if Ainge was afraid that Kyrie would walk, he might be more willing to gamble.  But beyond Tatum, the C's assets aren't anything special.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Kevin Durant isn't going to New York on his own.  This isn't a LeBron situation where it's been in the works for years.  IF the Knicks do manage to sign Durant, then yes it's likely that Anthony Davis will stick.  But Durant going to New York is anything but a guarantee.  Golden State and Los Angeles are two very obvious destinations.

No, I don't think Los Angeles is part of the "two very obvious destinations." Unless you are talking about the Clippers? If he leaves to GS, it will likely be somewhere like NYK, not LAL. He would leave wanting to be THE guy getting the shine on his squad and not be overshadowed by say Steph or LeBron. Why would he leave GS to go to LAL anyways? 

You said he's not coming to NY without another star? I mean if he is going to NY and the Knicks get a top 2 pick do you not think his team will be telling them to trade for AD? That's the whole point here. If NY gets word that KD is coming, then they will put that pick on the table to get someone like AD. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, I don't think Los Angeles is part of the "two very obvious destinations." Unless you are talking about the Clippers? If he leaves to GS, it will likely be somewhere like NYK, not LAL. He would leave wanting to be THE guy getting the shine on his squad and not be overshadowed by say Steph or LeBron. Why would he leave GS to go to LAL anyways? 

You said he's not coming to NY without another star? I mean if he is going to NY and the Knicks get a top 2 pick do you not think his team will be telling them to trade for AD? That's the whole point here. If NY gets word that KD is coming, then they will put that pick on the table to get someone like AD. 

I believe the current rumor is that he and Draymond Green aren't getting along anymore.  And let's be real, if he didn't want to team up with other superstar talents he wouldn't have gone to Golden State to team up with Curry, Klay, and Draymond.  The notion that he's going to get "overshadowed" by LeBron is a joke.  They're two of the three best players in the league.  It's Golden State, New York, or Los Angeles for Durant IMO.  The former two are the most likely scenarios, but pretend like the Lakers aren't a possibility is a bad idea.

Why would Durant agree to go to New York on his own?  Just because New York can put a top 2 pick on the table doesn't mean they actually will.  They can tell Durant until their blue in the fact that they're going to trade for Davis, but until it comes to fruition it's an unfilled promise.  And that's operating under the assumption that the Knicks land a top 2 pick.  There's currently a 27% chance they land a top 2 pick.  What happens if that picks falls?

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I believe the current rumor is that he and Draymond Green aren't getting along anymore.  And let's be real, if he didn't want to team up with other superstar talents he wouldn't have gone to Golden State to team up with Curry, Klay, and Draymond.  The notion that he's going to get "overshadowed" by LeBron is a joke.  They're two of the three best players in the league.  It's Golden State, New York, or Los Angeles for Durant IMO.  The former two are the most likely scenarios, but pretend like the Lakers aren't a possibility is a bad idea.

Why would Durant agree to go to New York on his own?  Just because New York can put a top 2 pick on the table doesn't mean they actually will.  They can tell Durant until their blue in the fact that they're going to trade for Davis, but until it comes to fruition it's an unfilled promise.  And that's operating under the assumption that the Knicks land a top 2 pick.  There's currently a 27% chance they land a top 2 pick.  What happens if that picks falls?

Durant and Green are fine. They had their dust up, but Green is the closest teammate to Durant....Maybe second behind Cook who is his homie from DC.

And no, getting overshadowed by LeBron is not a joke. It eats KD up on the inside regardless of how well he does or how much he dominates, Dubs fans will rate and like Curry more. Going to LAL makes no damn sense.

Why the hell do you keep saying he will go to NY on his own? Of course these are things him and his team will plan beforehand. How do you know they don't end up with Kyrie? How do you know another star doesn't get to NY? If KD tells NY to trade for AD and I will be there, what are they going to do?

How LAL became a real thing for KD is laughable. That ish for sure isn't happening. 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Durant and Draymond are back to being boys per Marcus Thompson at The Athletic

RE Knicks including the pick or not:

They probably had hard feelings for each other for a minute, but like I said no one is closer to Durant on the team than Green (again, aside from maybe Cook). If KD leaves, it won't be because he is having a hard time getting along with Green. When pictures surface of Durant going out, who is right with him? Always Green. That beef is squashed, if you want to call it that. But the words Draymond said may be in the back of KD's mind when he makes his decision. Though, if he wants to leave, then he probably decided on that long before the little dust up they had. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Durant and Green are fine. They had their dust up, but Green is the closest teammate to Durant....Maybe second behind Cook who is his homie from DC.

And no, getting overshadowed by LeBron is not a joke. It eats KD up on the inside regardless of how well he does or how much he dominates, Dubs fans will rate and like Curry more. Going to LAL makes no damn sense.

Why the hell do you keep saying he will go to NY on his own? Of course these are things him and his team will plan beforehand. How do you know they don't end up with Kyrie? How do you know another star doesn't get to NY? If KD tells NY to trade for AD and I will be there, what are they going to do?

How LAL became a real thing for KD is laughable. That ish for sure isn't happening. 

Sure, and they'll be back at each other's throats in a few days.  There's been enough rumblings that there are issues between them, and some new report isn't going to change that fact.  There's an issue there.  Whether or not it's enough to push Durant away is another discussion.

And no, Durant isn't going to overshadowed by LeBron.  This isn't Jimmy Butler or Paul George, a second tier star, who will get overshadowed by arguably the best player in the game.  We're talking about a top 3 player in the NBA.  Dwyane Wade wasn't overshadowed by LeBron, what makes you think Durant will?

Because one of the shoes has to drop first.  Either Durant signs on the dotted line or the Knicks make that gamble on Anthony Davis.  One of them has to happen first.  Durant doesn't need to go to New York.  He can stay in Golden State and probably win another 2-3 titles.  New York needs Kevin Durant.  They'll have to make that gamble.  New York can tell him until they're blue in the fact that they're going to acquire Davis, but until it actually happens it's only words.

And I'm not saying the Lakers are a likely thing.  I'd say it's around a 5% chance at best.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Sure, and they'll be back at each other's throats in a few days.  There's been enough rumblings that there are issues between them, and some new report isn't going to change that fact.  There's an issue there.  Whether or not it's enough to push Durant away is another discussion.

And no, Durant isn't going to overshadowed by LeBron.  This isn't Jimmy Butler or Paul George, a second tier star, who will get overshadowed by arguably the best player in the game.  We're talking about a top 3 player in the NBA.  Dwyane Wade wasn't overshadowed by LeBron, what makes you think Durant will?

Because one of the shoes has to drop first.  Either Durant signs on the dotted line or the Knicks make that gamble on Anthony Davis.  One of them has to happen first.  Durant doesn't need to go to New York.  He can stay in Golden State and probably win another 2-3 titles.  New York needs Kevin Durant.  They'll have to make that gamble.  New York can tell him until they're blue in the fact that they're going to acquire Davis, but until it actually happens it's only words.

And I'm not saying the Lakers are a likely thing.  I'd say it's around a 5% chance at best.

Enough rumblings about what exactly? KD and Green have always gotten along. They got along before the altercation and they got along after the altercation. If KD leaves GS, it won't be because of the issues he has with Green.

So why is a top 3 player in the league getting overshadowed by Curry? What does him being a top 3 player have to do with anything? How good you are doesn't determine if you get overshadowed or not. If he goes to the Lakers, he absolutely will get overshadowed by LeBron....as does damn near everyone. And did you not hear the comments Durant made about LeBron and how hard it is to be a teammate of his? And you actually think he will want to go there? Haaaa!!!!

If Durant want to go to NY, then the Knicks will do what they have to do to get someone else. They have enough trade pieces to pull it off (assuming they get a top 2 pick). Pelicans don't have to deal Davis until likely draft time. By then they should know if Durant is coming or not. And if they know he is coming, then they pull the trigger on AD or whoever else. 

Knicks have a better chance of getting KD than the Lakers and it's not even close. And if they want to deal their top 2 pick if that's what it is? Then they can beat any offer the Lakers make. 

According to SAS:

"I've been told that one of the people that Dell Demps has communicated with is Gregg Popovich. Not for trade talks or anything but a guy like Gregg Popovich has said, 'Don't cave to the Los Angeles Lakers.'"

Not all that surprising. I said it yesterday, but Pelicans statement they released yesterday gave signs they had no plans of trading him to the Lakers. So anyone who wants a trade and the Lakers are the preferred destination? Good luck getting that trade done lol.

Toronto was a sleeper team that came out of nowhere for Kawhi and same with OKC for PG. So which surprising team makes a big push for AD?

Per KOC at The Ringer @J-ALL-DAY

New Orleans has options right now. The Lakers, Knicks, Bucks, and Raptors are expected to make trade offers for Davis ahead of the deadline, according to multiple front-office sources. To some degree, every team will at least consider making an offer. But the Nuggets are considered by front-office executives as the off-the-radar team that actually has the assets to complete a deal, should they choose to enter the sweepstakes.

4 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Per KOC at The Ringer @J-ALL-DAY

So the Nuggets huh? Interesting, very interesting. They fit the bill as the surprise teams that got Kawhi/PG. Those were two good teams that needed an upgrade to go to the next level. While the Nuggets are really good, this is the type of move that could make them legitimate title contenders. Now, to me you can't win if there is no shot creator from the perimeter, but that can be addressed later lol....Better yet, IT will be that guy!!!!

Bucks? What can they offer? Don't see it there. 

Archived