Anthony Davis Demands Trade

sdrawkcab321

7 minutes ago, indifference said:

It is. I personally would not offer too much if Im the Lakers. Hart, Zubac, and Kuzma are definitely role players you need.

Ingram, KCP, and Ball are replaceable though. 

It's an okay package, there just isn't a headliner. BI is still prob the one with the best chance to become a star and he hasn't shown out like one would hope. The first round picks would be late firsts - not super valuable. I see a lot of teams that could beat this offer if they wanted - but obviously AD has a lot of leverage with his free agency pending next summer. 

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

What would Philly offer? They'd have to give up Simmons + Fultz to beat Boston and LA offer.

Butler, Fultz, MIA 2021 is an interesting offer and can beat most LA offers. For Boston, it all depends what they put on the table. Obviously that also means waiting until the offseason to make a trade.

Dell Demps' status has to be considered when we think about these trade proposals.

What would Philly offer? They'd have to give up Simmons + Fultz to beat Boston and LA offer.

Simmons isn't going anywhere. I don't think it's realistic for Philly to necessarily acquire him. 

Fultz can go. We also have the future Heat pick which is likely to be a high selection. I believe we have some other assets but I can't recall what. Davis is more of a pipe dream honestly and I don't realistically expect it to happen. I just don't want to see him in the East tbh.

What would LA's package look like?

4 minutes ago, Utley said:

Butler, Fultz, MIA 2021 is an interesting offer and can beat most LA offers. For Boston, it all depends what they put on the table. Obviously that also means waiting until the offseason to make a trade.

Dell Demps' status has to be considered when we think about these trade proposals.

I don't think Dell Demps is an idiot. He got pressured from ownership to compete, it seems. That offer pales in comparison to what Boston and Philly can offer, by a significant margin.

Just now, Danger said:

Lets say that went through. What does their lineup look like aside from LeBron and Davis, including the bench.

They'd have quite a bit of cap space available.  You'd have to imagine that there are a bunch of vets who would LOVE to sign on with the Lakers if that were the case.

1 minute ago, DirtyDez said:

So he’s going to Boston?

Is Boston willing to give up Tatum?  Because I don't think they will unless he is willing to agree to an extension.  If Boston isn't willing to offer Tatum, their package really isn't all that good.

I don't think Dell Demps is an idiot. He got pressured from ownership to compete, it seems. That offer pales in comparison to what Boston and Philly can offer, by a significant margin.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I meant his job status, not his ability. Meaning the pressure on him to keep the team relevant. I can say with 100% certainty that he wouldn't survive a rebuild. That's why a Boston offer would be much more appealing. It's also why that Philly offer would be more appealing than a Lakers offer.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Is Boston willing to give up Tatum?  Because I don't think they will unless he is willing to agree to an extension.  If Boston isn't willing to offer Tatum, their package really isn't all that good.

Makes me happy that the Kings are performing well this season.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Makes me happy that the Kings are performing well this season.

Right now, Tatum is the best singular asset available.  The problem is that up until now, Boston hasn't been willing to deal him.  And then it gets even harder when your start having to match salaries.  Boston isn't this clear obvious choice they appear on picture.

Archived