Anthony Davis Demands Trade

sdrawkcab321

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

Alright. What are the odds he’s traded by the deadline? I mean NO could just wait until the offseason. They can’t afford to rush this and they’ll want to listen to Boston with a full alottment of assets. 

Honestly, I'm not expecting it to happen.  We've got 11 days before the deadline, and one of the biggest franchises (Boston) is currently on the sideline because of the Derrick Rose rule.  But he's still got one guaranteed year under contract.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I'm not expecting it to happen.  We've got 11 days before the deadline, and one of the biggest franchises (Boston) is currently on the sideline because of the Derrick Rose rule.  But he's still got one guaranteed year under contract.

That’s what I’m thinking. People shouldn’t get too excited. 

I mean I was mulling over some sort of possible 3 team deal with Kyrie going to another team and maybe Jrue also coming to Boston. I’m not sure Danny would wanna do that though. 

2 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

That’s what I’m thinking. People shouldn’t get too excited. 

I mean I was mulling over some sort of possible 3 team deal with Kyrie going to another team and maybe Jrue also coming to Boston. I’m not sure Danny would wanna do that though. 

Why would AD want to essentially have the same roster in Boston as he did in New Orleans?  For AD, the appeal would be to play with Kyrie.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Why would AD want to essentially have the same roster in Boston as he did in New Orleans?  For AD, the appeal would be to play with Kyrie.

Yes that’s true but Boston is the most likely destination and I was trying to figure out away for a deadline deal I stopped just short it would depend on who is coming back but I can’t think of any half season rental of Kyrie being worth it to make the move. 

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

Yes that’s true but Boston is the most likely destination and I was trying to figure out away for a deadline deal I stopped just short it would depend on who is coming back but I can’t think of any half season rental of Kyrie being worth it to make the move. 

There are two obvious problems I see with Boston.  The first issue I see is Boston willing to deal Jayson Tatum?  They refused to include him in any deal for Kawhi Leonard or Jimmy Butler.  Is Anthony Davis a different situation?  Secondly, how do they match salaries?  At the very least, they have to deal one of Kyrie, Gordon Hayward, or Al Horford to do so.  As I've mentioned, the idea would be to pair Kyrie with AD, not deal Kyrie for AD.  Gordon Hayward is a toxic contract at best right now, and while Al Horford has a player option for next year which he will almost assuredly accept.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

There are two obvious problems I see with Boston.  The first issue I see is Boston willing to deal Jayson Tatum?  They refused to include him in any deal for Kawhi Leonard or Jimmy Butler.  Is Anthony Davis a different situation?  Secondly, how do they match salaries?  At the very least, they have to deal one of Kyrie, Gordon Hayward, or Al Horford to do so.  As I've mentioned, the idea would be to pair Kyrie with AD, not deal Kyrie for AD.  Gordon Hayward is a toxic contract at best right now, and while Al Horford has a player option for next year which he will almost assuredly accept.

Kawhi was a huge question mark and Jimmy Butler is/was a big locker room concern. I think we'd offer up Tatum for AD.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There are a ton of variables here but I do agree they wouldn’t ship Kyrie somewhere else to try and get AD. Boston would be foolish not to include Tatum in a deal for him if they are in this position in thhe offseason. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Kawhi was a huge question mark and Jimmy Butler is/was a big locker room concern. I think we'd offer up Tatum for AD.

Memphis is a huge wild card for Boston. If they're able to move Gasol and Conley before the deadline, then that means Boston still has an extra future 1st. If not, then it's likely Boston has no future picks to sweeten their offer. Now granted they'd have freshly drafted rookies, but picks are always more valuable.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Supposedly Boston's offer for Kawhi Leonard compromised of a TON of picks and very little in the way of talent that has actually produced.  That doesn't sound like a legitimate offer.

Archived