Anthony Davis Demands Trade

sdrawkcab321

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I kind of love Kuzma tbh

He's a nice player but not exactly a building block. That's the issue with the Lakers guys. Lonzo, Hart, and Kuz are all (most likely) role players in this league. BI has offense initiator potential but he stinks so far. 

Just now, champ11 said:

He's a nice player but not exactly a building block. That's the issue with the Lakers guys. Lonzo, Hart, and Kuz are all (most likely) role players in this league. BI has offense initiator potential but he stinks so far. 

How many true building blocks are out there?  And how many of them are legitimately available?  One, maybe two?  They simply don't become available.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I kind of love Kuzma tbh

I mean I was exaggerating, but I'm not a huge Kuzma fan. If he were a more accurate 3P shooter, then we can talk about him being a superstar trade headliner. He's a solid sweetener right now in place of a future 1st though.

Had Ingram taken the step people expected of him this season, the Lakers would be in prime position.

New Orleans shouldn't be in any rush. Boston's contract situation does suck though. Maybe they could find a 3rd team who's stuck right now to send Hayward to.

I wonder how emphatic Davis was about this in regards to a timeline. Would he sit out if not moved by the deadline to avoid injury? I can't imagine he'd make things toxic if not traded before the summer, but you never know.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I mean I was exaggerating, but I'm not a huge Kuzma fan. If he were a more accurate 3P shooter, then we can talk about him being a superstar trade headliner. He's a solid sweetener right now in place of a future 1st though.

Had Ingram taken the step people expected of him this season, the Lakers would be in prime position.

New Orleans shouldn't be in any rush. Boston's contract situation does suck though. Maybe they could find a 3rd team who's stuck right now to send Hayward to.

I wonder how emphatic Davis was about this in regards to a timeline. Would he sit out if not moved by the deadline to avoid injury? I can't imagine he'd make things toxic if not traded before the summer, but you never know.

Oh yeah, New Orleans would be stupid to not let Boston get involved AND see where the draft picks fall.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How many true building blocks are out there?  And how many of them are legitimately available?  One, maybe two?  They simply don't become available.

A lot of players may become available if AD is the prize. For example: how much worse is a Toronto package around Siakam and OG than the Lakers package? It's in the same ballpark. A lot of similar deals to the Lakers offer could be created, since yeah, there aren't many building block pieces that may be moved. Tatum, Jamal Murray, Porzingis, come to mind 

Like I said - depends on how much Klutch is going to push AD to LA. If he makes it clear he won't resign in certain places it slims the options. 

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Kuzma is your prototypical 4 in today's NBA.  I would agree about him being a better 3P%, he'd be a bigger headliner.  But I'd argue he's more valuable than a future FRP, unless you're talking about a potential top 5 pick in the future.  Not sure any franchise can offer that right now that would.  As for Ingram, hard to gauge him based off of playing with LeBron.  He's easily had the hardest time adjusting to him.  His 3P% has dropped back to his rookie year numbers, and his AST% is down because he has the ball in his hands less than before.  His numbers would have gone up had LeBron not signed with the Lakers.  Would have to imagine that a rebuilding team like New Orleans would probably prefer him because of the upside.

Agreed about New Orleans not being in a rush.  A deal most likely happens in the offseason.  New Orleans should want as many suitors involved, and Boston can join in during the offseason.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There aren't a lot, but you never know with Anthony Davis being available.

Denver could offer up Murray. Philadelphia could offer Simmons. Knicks could offer Kristaps.

New Orleans also might want a deal like San Antonio got for Kawhi. Instead of a bunch of future assets, maybe they want to use Davis to get a really good player + a couple fillers to round out a playoff roster now. It'd be stupid of them, but owners can be really stupid.

Trading BBB would be a mistake by the Lakers. He started to flash his potential before he got hurt and he looked like a game changer. His defense and the way he is able to push the pace is big time. Started to take it aggressively to the cup....Didn't finish all that well but it's a start lol. 

Lakers defense is really good but if you trade Lonzo/Zubac/Ingram, then yeah there is going to be some big slippage there. I don't know, but I bet they try to keep Lonzo over any of the other younger players. Kuzma plays great alongside LeBron, but Pelicans gotta hit him in any trade with the Lakers.

I think the Pelicans just wait it out until the summer and see what the Celtics have to offer. 

Archived