Rams' Robey-Coleman says age has taken a toll on Tom Brady

SBLIII

I’ve got Buffalo blood running through my veins, so you know I hate these guys,” Robey-Coleman told Bleacher Report’s Tyler Dunne. “I naturally hate them. I never liked New England.”

Why does the 27-year-old despise the NFL’s overlords? Jealousy? No, it’s not that. It’s their attitude and the general way they go about their business, like going for a fourth down while up by 17 in the fourth quarter.

“S–t like that. Little s–t to look down upon a team,” Robey-Coleman said. “Little assh–e stuff like that. That’s what makes you not like New England.”

“Stick a dagger in them. They’re not a team that you want to play around with. Stick the dagger in them and don’t leave it in them! Take it out!” Robey-Coleman told Dunne. “And let them leak. Let them leak slow. Put the dagger in them, pull it out, and let them leak slow. Just kill ’em slowly. That’s how you do them.”

https://nesn.com/2019/01/nickell-robey-coleman-sees-weakness-in-tom-brady-wants-to-stick-dagger-in-patriots/

Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman‘s name has been in a lot of headlines over the last eight days because of his hit on Saints wide receiver Tommylee Lewis late in the NFC Championship Game and Robey-Coleman has responded to the lack of a penalty flag in a variety of ways.

Robey-Coleman will likely be asked about that play a few more times during this week’s media availabilities in Atlanta. He may also be asked about views on Patriots quarterback Tom Brady that he shared with Tyler Dunne of Bleacher Report.

Robey-Coleman said he sees ways to get to Brady “all over the place” and that the quarterback “will slowly start to reveal himself” if the Rams defense can stay connected. What will be revealed? Robey-Coleman faced Brady several times over four years with the Bills and thinks the current version is noticeably different.

“Yes. Yes. Age has definitely taken a toll. For him to still be doing it, that’s a great compliment for him. But I think that he’s definitely not the same quarterback he was,” Robey-Coleman said. “Movement. Speed. Velocity. Arm strength. He still can sling it, but he’s not slinging it as much. Whatever he was doing—because of his age and all that—he’s not doing as much of that anymore. He’s still doing the same things; he’s just not doing as much of it. And sometimes, it’s not the sharpest. But it still gets done.”

Brady’s enjoyed pushing back at any notion that he and the Patriots have lost a step and making the Super Bowl is a pretty compelling counterargument. We’ll find out Sunday if the Rams are able to move the needle in the other direction.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/28/nickell-robey-coleman-age-has-taken-a-toll-on-tom-brady/

11 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

“Stick a dagger in them. They’re not a team that you want to play around with. Stick the dagger in them and don’t leave it in them! Take it out!” Robey-Coleman told Dunne. “And let them leak. Let them leak slow. Put the dagger in them, pull it out, and let them leak slow. Just kill ’em slowly. That’s how you do them.”

Imagine if this had been a Gregg Williams quote lmao 

Theres no problems with what he said, but if the Rams don’t follow through and win this quote will be remembered for sure.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Age has taken it's toll =/= He's not good/great

He's not 2008 Brady and not even close. He's still really freaking good. 

Why Patriots fans can't understand this concept is beyond me.

Hey, I just want to get the time to the game over with lol. There won't be any new discussions in the gamethread. More fun to me to discuss a bit of trash talking than reading and listening to a lot of things that everybody already knows...

Just now, SBLIII said:

Hey, I just want to get the time to the game over with lol. There won't be any new discussions in the gamethread. More fun to me to discuss a bit of trash talking than reading and listening to a lot of things that everybody already knows...

Yeah, these are the doldrums of the season. I can't wait until this time next week when there's literally nothing to talk about. The week after the Super Bowl, the month before the combine...ugh. I may actually have to pretend to care about basketball for a month.

31 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Age probably had a bigger effect on LA getting there anyway.  How the refs didn't see PI on him is insane.

I'm sure NE has read this quote 100x's already, like they needed fuel for the fire

Good. The Rams are already riled up. I don't want anyone to say that NE lacked motivation to give us their best.

51 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Age has taken it's toll =/= He's not good/great

He's not 2008 Brady and not even close. He's still really freaking good. 

Why Patriots fans can't understand this concept is beyond me.

There's a difference between not understanding a concept and not agreeing with it. I honestly don't think he's lost much, if anything in his arm, and he was never fast.

I mean, he won MVP last season and went 28TDs - 2 INTS the years before (should have won that MVP too). His stats were down a bit this year, but that was a more a function of a depleted WR/TE corps than a decline in his play. An argument could be made 2014-present is the best stretch of his career.

EDIT: On topic - I don't know why players ever say things like this. Obviously this isn't that big a deal, but he must know the press will make it a thing & and he must know the Pats will be looking for bulletin board material. The only possible impact this statement could have is to make you look like an idiot if you lose. Just be quiet, be respectful, and play the game. Only sensible way to be.

3 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

There's a difference between not understanding a concept and not agreeing with it. I honestly don't think he's lost much, if anything in his arm, and he was never fast.

I mean, he won MVP last season and went 28TDs - 2 INTS the years before (should have won that MVP too). His stats were down a bit this year, but that was a more a function of a depleted WR/TE corps than a decline in his play. An argument could be made 2014-present is the best stretch of his career.

EDIT: On topic - I don't know why players ever say things like this. Obviously this isn't that big a deal, but he must know the press will make it a thing & and he must know the Pats will be looking for bulletin board material. The only possible impact this statement could have is to make you look like an idiot if you lose. Just be quiet, be respectful, and play the game. Only sensible way to be.

He said it because it's true. He doesn't care if it's bulletin board material. Even if we didn't give the Patriots bulletin board material, they'd just manufacture it. The Rams have bulletin board material. The Patriots have it too. Neither side will be lacking in motivation.

Archived