What order do you see these QBs retiring

Blackstar12

1. Eli Manning should retire now

2. Drew Brees You can kinda see him slowing down a bit.

3. Ben Rothlisberger has talked about it a lot but he should have another 3 or 4 years.

4. Tom Brady I can see him playing until he's 46.

5. Philip Rivers has like 8 kids, isn't going anywhere,

4 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

all of this talk of brees slowing down is silly imho

his arm isn’t what it used to be but he was literally the mvp until he shat the bed in big D

He was also pretty bad from that game onward, which is where the discussion is coming from?

9xCWcCW.png

8 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

goff had a pretty shonky go to close out the season too but i don’t think he’ll retire after winning the super bowl this week

He finished up the regular season with a 126.7 passer rating over the last two weeks, 100.5 over the last three weeks. A bit different. 

I don't think anyone on this list stays for more than 2 more seasons. Brees and Brady have started looking their age. I've never been a fan of Eli. Ben has been talking about retirement for years now and he's taken a ton of hits over his career. The Chargers have the best nucleus but Rivers has 23 kids and commutes 2 hours to and from the stadium or whatever. 

Brees

Brady

Eli

Ben

Rivers

Out of all the guys in this group, I'm really surprised to see so many ppl who think Big Ben is close to retiring.   The dude talks a lot about possibly missing games (and then ends up playing), and yes, he's talked about retiring - but that tune changed really quickly after Mason Rudolph got drafted.    And of course, now we're hearing of PIT entering extension talks with Big Ben.

Eli is the one who skill-wise is getting there, he's a shell of his peak days.   The other guys aren't at their peak (Brees & Brady duh), but the drop-off isn't nearly as noticeable.   Honestly, I'd be comfortable thinking Big Ben will outlast both Brady & Brees, and Eli.   I don't think Rivers' style lends itself well to playing more than 2-3 years at a high level, and the OL is going to have to stay great at pass pro, so honestly Big Ben being the last man standing of this group wouldn't surprise me at all.   I'm kinda shocked ppl have him as the 1st/2nd guy leaving.

Archived