What order do you see these QBs retiring

Blackstar12

All of them will be gone before the lockout in 2021. 

I think all of these QBs are kind of playing chicken with each other though. The guys hanging around the longest will be the ones who really want another shot at a SuperBowl. I think Roethlisberger is probably set with his legacy and goes after next season. Same with Eli and Brees. Brady isn't real so he'll stick around until 2021 and Rivers just might as well to try to win one. 

On 1/29/2019 at 10:57 AM, BleedTheClock said:

I think all of them leave after next season except Rivers. He'll get 1 more year than the others.

Ben is getting an extension this offseason.    Only way he retires after 2019 IMO is if we win the SB next year or gets seriously injured.    He will play through 2020 IMO, and then MAYBE a year after that.  I really cant see Ben playing into his 40s.

Brady could go at anytime, but I could see him staying anywhere between 1 and 3 more years.

Brees is in a similar boat as Brady, but I think he has another 2 or 3 years left in him.

Eli....I mean, I feel like he is clinging on right now.   1 or 2 more years, but I think he is just holding the Giants back at this point.

Rivers I have no idea.  Ill say 2 or 3 more years.

So, if I had to guess....

1.  Eli (1 more year)
t2.  Brees (2 more years)
t2.  Ben (2 more years)
t4.  Brady (3 more years)
t4.  Rivers (3 more years)

AGE as of today. 

Brady -  41.5 
Brees - 40.0 
Eli - 38.1 
Rivers - 37.1 
Ben 36.9 

I look forward to seeing how the final touchdown/yards list ends up. Basically whoever retires last between Brees and Brady will sit at #1. Rivers and Ben have a chance at cracking the top 5 in both categories, overtaking Marino in yards and touchdowns, but neither will catch the top 4  in either category.(Brady,Brees,Peyton,Favre). 

Archived