2019 Trade talk.

jleisher

19 hours ago, Golfman said:

None I want to trade for because I value draft capital. but.......................

Clinton-Dix for a 4th was great. The Redskins got to see first hand how average he is as a football player. He leaves via free agency and they won't score better than a 5th round pick for him next off season. 

Currently? Nick Perry for any pick and same for DeShone Kizer. I think we roll with Boyle next year. 

I can't imagine we'd get much for either Perry or Kizer.

14 hours ago, Beast said:

Not a player, but I was wondering what people would think about trading #12 overall pick to the Raiders for #24 and #27 overall? I highly doubt the Raiders would do it (they need more depth), but draft pick value wise it'd basically be like what we did last year with the Saints and Seahawks.

Mixed feelings about it. On one hand this draft is really really strong at the back of the first, early second IMO.  On the other, we haven't gotten many oppurtunities to draft many blue chip, top of the draft type players recently.  Is grabbing 1 potential blue chip player better than grabbing 2 really good starters?  

Is Clelin Ferrell going to help us win faster than Sweat and a starting RG?  

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'm all for this...but it depends on how the draft unfolds.  If the board is destroyed, I think that #24 pick will be a good pick.

However, I don't do that if Bosa/Allen/Ferrell/Polite/Q. Williams/ C Wilkens is there.  I think those are some difference makers.  At #24, I'd be looking at J. Ferguson or maybe even B. Burns.

Having three firsts would be good for this team.  But not at the expense of missing out on a difference maker.  Oliver/Simmons are two others that I'm kind of borderline on at #12.....

For my opinion, I think that's too high for Polite and Wilkens.... also maybe too high on Ferguson. I like Burns, just not sure how well he fits Pettine's scheme.

I think Oliver is going to get over drafted because he has the raw athletic skills to be the next Aaron Donald, the hottest defensive guy right now, and he could be...  though you could easily argue he doesn't have only pieces to his game the physicality, toughness of Donald, but someone will take the risk to find out... and I'm unsure how Simmons video tape of him putting his hands on a woman will effect his draft status.

Bosa/Allen are gonna be gone... but you're right there could be Ferrell or another top defensive front guy.

4 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

It depends on GB's scout's opinion on players, but my initial vibe would be against dropping that far. It isn't uncommon for there to be drafts with 20 real first round talents (and only 5-15 blue chippers). At 12, baring injury, we should get a quality guy. Typically around pick 20-30 you start running into guys with flaws (small schools, character, not quite hitting athletic thresholds, motor questions, etc). The difference between prospect quality between pick 12 and 20 is often pretty big. The difference between quality of prospect from 20 to 45 can often be in the eye of the beholder.

Using 2018 as an exercise; lets look at last year's draft for example, pick 20-32

1 20 Detroit Lions Frank Ragnow  C Arkansas SEC  
  1 21 Cincinnati Bengals Billy Price  C Ohio State Big Ten from Buffalo [R1 - 11]
  1 22 Tennessee Titans Rashaan Evans  LB Alabama SEC from Kansas City via Buffalo andBaltimore [R1 - 12]
  1 23 New England Patriots Isaiah Wynn  OT Georgia SEC from LA Rams [R1 - 13]
  1 24 Carolina Panthers D. J. Moore  WR Maryland Big Ten  
  1 25 Baltimore Ravens Hayden Hurst  TE South Carolina SEC from Tennessee [R1 - 14]
  1 26 Atlanta Falcons Calvin Ridley  WR Alabama SEC  
  1 27 Seattle Seahawks Rashaad Penny  RB San Diego State MW from New Orleans via Green Bay [R1 - 15]
  1 28 Pittsburgh Steelers Terrell Edmunds  S Virginia Tech ACC  
  1 29 Jacksonville Jaguars Taven Bryan  DT Florida SEC  
  1 30 Minnesota Vikings Mike Hughes  CB UCF The American  
  1 31 New England Patriots Sony Michel  RB Georgia SEC  
  1 32 Baltimore Ravens Lamar Jackson  QB Louisville ACC from Philadelphia [R1 - 16]
2016 Heisman Trophy winner

Really only Calvin Ridley was a first round lock. Some of these guys (Hughes, Penny) I saw mocked to us with our second round pick at 45. Guys like Christian Kirk, D Guice, and Josh Jackson were consistently projected to go in the 18-32 range and we passed on them in the second (or took in Jackson's case).

I disagree that Ridley was the only 1st round lock... as I thought Evans, Wynn, and Moore were locks too (Moore didn't get the hype, because he really didn't have a QB in college), but physical skill set he was a lock. I also thought Ragnow and Hurst were strong possibilities if you could over look Ragnow's injury and Hurst's age.

2 hours ago, SSG said:

Mixed feelings about it. On one hand this draft is really really strong at the back of the first, early second IMO.  On the other, we haven't gotten many oppurtunities to draft many blue chip, top of the draft type players recently.  Is grabbing 1 potential blue chip player better than grabbing 2 really good starters?  

Is Clelin Ferrell going to help us win faster than Sweat and a starting RG?  

OR FS Nasir Adderley and the top Iowa TE!

11 minutes ago, Beast said:

I disagree that Ridley was the only 1st round lock... as I thought Evans, Wynn, and Moore were locks too (Moore didn't get the hype, because he really didn't have a QB in college), but physical skill set he was a lock. I also thought Ragnow and Hurst were strong possibilities if you could over look Ragnow's injury and Hurst's age.

Maybe Evans, but Moore and Wynn weren't first round locks by any means. Also, the point still remains true that that after the first 20 or so prospects, it is pretty normal to  run into a lot of flawed guys that aren't graded much different than guys selected 20-30 spots lower.

Guys like Nassir Adderly are getting 20th-third grades.

Archived