Hot Take Thread

BleedTheClock

• 1 month later...

I know it's usually prudent to take the field in any betting situation, but I'm pretty confident in saying that Quinnen Williams won't be the best defensive tackle from this class. He'll be good, but I just don't see the special prospect everyone else is.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I know it's usually prudent to take the field in any betting situation, but I'm pretty confident in saying that Quinnen Williams won't be the best defensive tackle from this class. He'll be good, but I just don't see the special prospect everyone else is.

I think Simmons will be the best in 3 years.  I saw at least one game where the top talent at Dt was shut down with the exception of Simmons.  He would be a top 5 pick if it were not for his ACL injury.

TJ Hockenson will force evaluators to reconsider how they value the TE spot. With crazy numbers and a blocking ability that helps also the run game flourish - commentators start to realise a multi-faceted TE is more valuable than most other positions. You CAN scheme a JJ Watt out of a game, teams didn't scheme a Gronk out of a game for any length of time. 

Hot take. 

If Murray goes 1st and the Redskins make a knee jerk trade up to #3,

Cincinnati will capitalize on the Redskins impatientience and stupidity and move up to #2

And then the raiders will trade back to #6 with the giants as the giants may fear Denver may move up to #5 to take Drew Lock 

In this scenario 

AZ: Murray

CIN: Haskins 

WSH: Jones

NYG: Lock

I will be shocked if this happened, but surprised, no. But I would be surprised if Murray goes #1. I think Bosa is going 1st. 

10 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

If Murray goes 1st and the Redskins make a knee jerk trade up to #3,

Cincinnati will capitalize on the Redskins impatientience and stupidity and move up to #2

And then the raiders will trade back to #6 with the giants as the giants may fear Denver may move up to #5 to take Drew Lock 

In this scenario 

AZ: Murray

CIN: Haskins 

WSH: Jones

NYG: Lock

I will be shocked if this happened, but surprised, no. But I would be surprised if Murray goes #1. I think Bosa is going 1st. 

Dude, our recent history suggests the chances of us moving up are slim to none. We don’t give away premium draft capitol. Yes, we have 11 picks. No, we won’t use them all. But we aren’t going to move up on day 1, and probably not on day 2. We value these picks more than the average team.

I don’t know why you’re so adamant in your thinking that we’re going to make this move. If Haskins is there at 11 I can see us considering him. But even then I think we try and trade down with whoever wants him or take Devin Bush/Jonah Williams if available.

25 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Dude, our recent history suggests the chances of us moving up are slim to none. We don’t give away premium draft capitol. Yes, we have 11 picks. No, we won’t use them all. But we aren’t going to move up on day 1, and probably not on day 2. We value these picks more than the average team.

I don’t know why you’re so adamant in your thinking that we’re going to make this move. If Haskins is there at 11 I can see us considering him. But even then I think we try and trade down with whoever wants him or take Devin Bush/Jonah Williams if available.

Maybe the firing of Marvin Lewis is a suggestion that times may be a changin