GPG27 Mock Offseason V.1 (Return to Relevance)

gopackgo27

2019 GREEN BAY PACKERS OFFSEASON 
GB.png 

Returning:
Bashaud Breeland

Marcedes Lewis

Let Go:

Nick Perry

Jimmy Graham

Randall Cobb

Clay Matthews

Jake Ryan

Free Agency:

Edge Justin Houston

57YG.gif

*Chiefs choose Ford over Houston

*Chiefs priorities this offseason are to extend Tyreke & Chris Jones per Rapp

*Houston is due $21 mill next year. Can't see them paying him that much to play SAM in Spags 4-3 Under D.

*Familiarity with OLB coach Mike Smith, continued pursuit of a ring brings him to GB.

S Tre Boston

Image result for tre boston gif

*Need a CFer at FS in the worst way.

*Underrated ballhawk. 10 INTs last 3 seasons.

*Definition of rock solid. 

RB TJ Yeldon

Image result for tj yeldon gif

*Love the idea of mixing in Yeldon with Jones & Williams.

*Aaron Jones is a star but if he goes down, Williams just isn't built to carry an Offense, Yeldon would be a great compliment.

*Superb receiving back, love him in a watered down version of Dion Lewis in LaFleur's offense.

WR Jamison Crowder

Image result for jamison crowder gif

*Slide him into the slot, hope he stays healthy & watch him EAT. 

*Should be a lock for 80+ catches if he plays all 16.

*Added bonus; can return punts.

*Takes a short-term prove it deal, signs for 2 years.

2019 NFL DRAFT

Related image

*Trade down to 15, pick up 3rd rd pick

Round 1 | DL Jeffrey Simmons | Mississippi State

GB.png

Image result for jeffery simmons gif

*Extremely disruptive, 30 TFL past 2 seasons.

*Motor runs hot like a young Clay, competes for 60 mins.

*Pettine puts an emphasis on interior pressure vs edge pressure, sign me up for Simmons-Clark-Daniels.

*Trade up, give up 4th + 6th rd picks

Round 1 | TE Noah Fant | Iowa

GB.png 

Image result for noah fant gif

*Fits the mold of Evan Engram/Zach Ertz type at TE. Underrated as a blocker

*Reminds me of Jermichael Finley, but faster.

*Uber athletic move TE. YAC, great hands, can get open, jumps out of the gym.

*Can play in line, split out wide and out of the backfield. Matchup nightmare.

*No more band-aids to fix the position, we get our guy for the next 10 years.

Round 2 | OL Chris Lindstrom  | Boston College
GB.png 

*Such an easy eval, set it & forget it. 10 year NFL career.

*Plug & play day 1 starter at LG, move Lane to RG.

*Very athletic, plays with an edge, obviously strong in the run game coming from BC's run-heavy O.

*Massive upgrade over the trash we had at RG last year.

Round 3 | Edge Chase Winovich | Michigan

GB.png 

Image result for chase winovich gif

*Has long, flowing, blonde hair, so he's a lock to be Clay Matthews 2.0.

Round 3 | ILB Terrill Hanks | New Mexico State

GB.png 

*Has some Darius Leonard vibes to his game.

*4 year stater. Super productive.

*Very athletic. Coverage skills. Explodes to ball.

*Had a great week at the Senior Bowl, competition not an issue.

*Like him to compete with Burks & Martinez.

Round 4 | WR Stanley Morgan Jr | Nebraska

GB.png 

*Boundary receiver, plays the sideline very well.

*YAC, shifty in the open field.

*Plays tough, love guys like that at WR.

Round 5 | Edge Shareef Miller | Penn State

GB.png 

*Like him quite a bit as sleeper, flashes off the screen.

*Right now pretty one dimensional but like him as a developmental type guy.

*Slides into edge rotation, situational guy year 1.

Round 6 | OL William Sweet | North Carolina

GB.png 

*Swing tackle year 1.

*Has some definite ability to work with.

*Phenomenal person by all accounts, doesn't hurt his case.

Round 7 | FB/TE Trevon Wesco | West Virginia

GB.png 

*Versatile, can play FB & TE.

*Great movement skills for a guy weighing 275 lbs.

*Competes with Vitale for a roster spot.

I'm not a big fan of signing any FA for more than the vet minimum at RB. I just don't value RBs much, especially on their 2nd contract.

I really don't think Crowder would only take a 2-year deal, but sometimes FA gets weird.

The draft looks pretty good. I'm not sure what to think of Winovich, but we'll see how he tests.

9 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I'm not a big fan of signing any FA for more than the vet minimum at RB. I just don't value RBs much, especially on their 2nd contract.

I really don't think Crowder would only take a 2-year deal, but sometimes FA gets weird.

The draft looks pretty good. I'm not sure what to think of Winovich, but we'll see how he tests.

I hear ya, went back & forth btwn him & Corey Grant. I think Hackett is going to bring one of his guys over, maybe Moncrief.

Tough to say. Not sure how big the market for an oft injured slot WR is going to be. I could see him getting PAID, just as much as I can see him taking a short term deal to boost his value.

2 minutes ago, gopackgo27 said:

I hear ya, went back & forth btwn him & Corey Grant. I think Hackett is going to bring one of his guys over, maybe Moncrief.

Tough to say. Not sure how big the market for an oft injured slot WR is going to be. I could see him getting PAID, just as much as I can see him taking a short term deal to boost his value.

Problem is. By the end of that two years, his prime is over and he's declining. No one is gonna splash the money for him then.

We have 36m in cap space, you probably spent 20 of it and cut Graham and Perry to add 10 more. No need to dump those guys and carryover that money. 

Draft I'm OK with, Simmons is a stud, I have a clear Hock over Fant lean, if we're trading up I sure hope it'd be for better of the two. Lindstrom is plug and play at RG, damn good.

Late round picks are good, but please say no to Chase Winovich.

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We have 36m in cap space, you probably spent 20 of it and cut Graham and Perry to add 10 more. No need to dump those guys and carryover that money. 

Draft I'm OK with, Simmons is a stud, I have a clear Hock over Fant lean, if we're trading up I sure hope it'd be for better of the two. Lindstrom is plug and play at RG, damn good.

Late round picks are good, but please say no to Chase Winovich.

Ugh! If they cut those guys prior to June 1st there is no carry over. It's all right here on overthecap. https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/green-bay-packers/  Yeah, we add 10 more in additional cap space by cutting them and the other money is already counted in our cap number. If you keep them you have cap money tied up next year. 

This conversation has been had over and over. We have 40 million in cap space, cutting those two specifically gets us close to 50 million with no carry over if we cut before June 1st. 

41 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Ugh! If they cut those guys prior to June 1st there is no carry over. It's all right here on overthecap. https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/green-bay-packers/  Yeah, we add 10 more in additional cap space by cutting them and the other money is already counted in our cap number. If you keep them you have cap money tied up next year. 

This conversation has been had over and over. We have 40 million in cap space, cutting those two specifically gets us close to 50 million with no carry over if we cut before June 1st. 

Carry over is adding cap from this year onto next year's cap. No idea what you're trying to explain. It's pretty clear what carry over means.

We have 36m prior to Graham or Perry. He cut them getting us to about 46 and then spent probably 20-25. So essentially he's saying cutting both of them and adding their money to 2020 is more valuable than having them play for us. Sounds like not going all in to me. Spend it or don't cut them.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Carry over is adding cap from this year onto next year's cap. No idea what you're trying to explain. It's pretty clear what carry over means.

We have 36m prior to Graham or Perry. He cut them getting us to about 46 and then spent probably 20-25. So essentially he's saying cutting both of them and adding their money to 2020 is more valuable than having them play for us. Sounds like not going all in to me. Spend it or don't cut them.

Thanks for clarifying your point I was confused to my apologies for my rant! Actually we have 40 million right now according to over the cap, but your point is made. 

Teams generally keep about 10 million in cap space to allow for things in season. Like extending perhaps Martinez and/or Clark. 

Archived