Luck of the Irish- Mock Draft V4

LuckyIrish23

Packers have an expected cap space of 41 Million                                   

Roster Moves                                                

Not Retained

Randall Cobb

Clay Matthews

Jake Ryan

Tramon Williams- (4.75 million cap savings)                                                                                                                            

Retained

Geronimo Allison

Mo Wilkerson- 1 year 3 million

Breeland- 2 years 12 million (6 million per year)

Free Agency

Anthony Barr (EDGE)- 4 years 40 million (10 million per year)

Adrian Amos (S) - 3 years 24 million (8 million per year)

Lamarcus Joyner (S) - 3 years 24 million (8 million per year)

NFL DRAFT

With the 12th pick in the 2019 NFL DRAFT the Green Bay Packers select....

Rashan Gary (EDGE) from Michigan

Gary is an uber athletic DL that can play multiple roles for our defensive. I think with the right conditioning he could become the next Cam Jordan who is both a great pass rusher and run defender. Only 20 years old and a lot to learn Gute takes his shot. 

45840d38-b756-4972-ad32-85ce3886a1ac-mic

With the 30th pick in the 2019 NFL DRAFT the Green Bay Packers select....

TJ Hockenson (TE) from Iowa

Hockenson is the perfect fit for LaFleur offense as he is an excellent blocker and the ability to get additional YAC.

GettyImages-1030527504-1024x682.jpg

TRADE ALERT!!!

Packers trade the 44th pick/107th & 171st with Oakland Raiders for 35th pick

With the 35th pick in the 2019 NFL DRAFT the Green Bay Packers select....

Dalton Risner (RT) from Kansas St

Risner starts at RG and will move to RT in 2020. Risner has the same attitude as Lang and will be well respected in the locker room.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWxt2zt6qDQyrarnYcnf-

With the 75th pick in the 2019 NFL DRAFT the Green Bay Packers select....

Benny Snell Jr (RB) from Kentucky

7113c36c-59d7-4fe4-91ca-8715fb46ab07-USA

With the 111st pick in the 2019 NFL DRAFT the Green Bay Packers select....

Hunter Renfrow (WR) from Clemson

636085631126222645-Clemson-Hunter-Renfro

The top looks like one of my mocks (that I haven't posted), but

• Physical DL/Edge guy at #12
  • TE TJ Hockenson (though I has him at the trade-up #35)
  • I had a DB at #30 instead of OL

But I really like that start! and I like Risner, though I'm not sure he can be an OT like some, but he can be a pretty good OG.

I'm not as high on Renfrow as some are.

I don't know Benny Snell Jr., but looking at LaFleur scheme, I really think they strongly will prefer RBs that have both some power AND receiving ability... and while I haven't watched Snell (at least not yet), less than 30 catches in his career disappointed me when taking a quick look at his stats (though that doesn't mean anything, as maybe the system didn't ask the QB to throw the RBs way much... and he potentially could be a great receiver.

I am out on this one. I don't see a lot of value in spending that level of cap space at safety. I also think the Barr price tag is going to be higher.

I'm not really sure what to make of Gary. Too early for a RB for me. Renfrow is a R6/7 prospect imo.

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No need for a RB that high

I'm not sure about that, if they find a RB they really like and fits LaFleur's system... as LaFleur system normally has a power RB starting, and a speed receiving RB as back-up... and preferably they can all be used as receivers. In the systems like LaFleur's the Titans, Rams, 49ers... the RB has been a key focus point, so why I'm not big on drafting a RB high, if they right guy (say Alabama's RB Josh Jacobs) who has BOTH the power and the receiving ability combo, falls far enough, there could be a huge need to grab that guy as a great value and fitting into the system. 

Also at times, Aaron Jones seemed to get banged up and missed some important key drives, while he didn't leave the games, he was missed... though usually he got injured via pass blocking, which he might do less in the new system. Williams might be versatile and a jack of trades, he hasn't shown to be elite at any one thing, or stand out that much (yet).  

7 hours ago, Beast said:

I'm not sure about that, if they find a RB they really like and fits LaFleur's system... as LaFleur system normally has a power RB starting, and a speed receiving RB as back-up... and preferably they can all be used as receivers. In the systems like LaFleur's the Titans, Rams, 49ers... the RB has been a key focus point, so why I'm not big on drafting a RB high, if they right guy (say Alabama's RB Josh Jacobs) who has BOTH the power and the receiving ability combo, falls far enough, there could be a huge need to grab that guy as a great value and fitting into the system. 

Also at times, Aaron Jones seemed to get banged up and missed some important key drives, while he didn't leave the games, he was missed... though usually he got injured via pass blocking, which he might do less in the new system. Williams might be versatile and a jack of trades, he hasn't shown to be elite at any one thing, or stand out that much (yet).  

LaFleur had 1 year in Tennessee, that doesn't mean wherever he goes he'll want Henry and Lewis. What we have is fine.

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Started with a bang and then really lost me with Snell and Renfrow. No need for a RB that high and Renfrow is a PFA.

I’d be disappointed too with Renfrow in the top 200. He has cfl physical attribes. You’d get nothing from him on specials. I’ll admit he gets open, but how high can you draft a wr whose absolute ceiling is Danny Ammendola?

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I have a hard time gauging where Gary is going to go. I've seen him at high as #2 and as low as 18-20. Perhaps that is the norm this time of year.

He will imo rip the combine up and cement himself in the top 10. Look for good cone times and explosion

I don’t understand the Gary hype. He might have the physical tools but he has no production to show for it. I rarely ever saw him beat someone. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was Nick Perry 2.0.

I really like the idea of getting Risner and Hockenson though. Probably my favorite combo with our late first and second round pick. 

Archived