Who are your under the radar free agents?

WindyCity

QB:

RB: Corey Grant, Spencer Ware, Raheem Moster, J.D McKissis

WR: JJ Nelson, Corey Coleman, Eli Rodgers [RFA]

TE: Maxx Williams, Geoff Swaim

OT: George Fant, Jake Fisher

IOL: Brett Jones, 

Edge: Makrs Golden [INJ], Zach Moore, Kerry Hyder, Eli Harold

IDL: Jihad Ward, Brent Urban,  Jordan Phillips, Tyeler Davidson

LB: Adarius Taylor, 

CB: 

S:

Ryan Tannehill. He won't ever be Elite, or heck likely even top 10, but I think he's on the same level as Andy Dalton or Dak Prescott. If you put a good team around him, he can certainly take you to the playoffs. 

Tannehill to the Giants makes too much sense to me, there's no QB worth drafting at #6, you can trade down and acquire more assets if you're dead set on taking a QB in the first, or take a QB in the 2nd, or wait until next year. You can sit the rookie behind Tannehill while learning if you opt to go for one this season.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Ryan Tannehill. He won't ever be Elite, or heck likely even top 10, but I think he's on the same level as Andy Dalton or Dak Prescott. If you put a good team around him, he can certainly take you to the playoffs. 

Tannehill to the Giants makes too much sense to me, there's no QB worth drafting at #6, you can trade down and acquire more assets if you're dead set on taking a QB in the first, or take a QB in the 2nd, or wait until next year. You can sit the rookie behind Tannehill while learning if you opt to go for one this season.

Is it a given that Miami is letting him go?

They take a pretty significant dead cap hit [13-14 million]

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Is it a given that Miami is letting him go?

They take a pretty significant dead cap hit [13-14 million]

Also, if they June 1st him, that dead money comes down to $7.8 MM while netting them almost $19 MM more in cap space to use.

Shane Ray is an edge player that interests me. I am not sure of his market, but coming into a team as the 3rd rusher on a 1 year deal and try and rebound his value.

Aaron Lynch did it this season in Chicago. Lesser role, but was very good as the 3rd OLB and probably earned a multi year pay day on another team.

I guess it depends on your definition of "big money":

QB: Blake Bortles, Tyrod Taylor

RB: Bilal Powell (if healthy), Spencer Ware, T.J. Yeldon, C.J. Anderson, Malcolm Brown

WR: J.J. Nelson, Chris Hogan, Cole Beasley, Rishard Matthews, DeVante Parker

TE: Demetrius Harris, Tyler Kroft, Maxx Williams

OT: Cameron Fleming, Ryan Schraeder

IOL: Jamon Brown, Brett Jones, Ryan Groy, Ron Leary

Edge: Shaq Barrett, Markus Golden, Robert Quinn, Vic Beasley

IDL: Shelby Harris, Henry Anderson, Brent Urban, Malik Jackson, David Irving

LB: K.J. Wright, Brandon Marshall, Mark Barron, Jake Ryan

CB: Janoris Jenkins, Jason Verrett, Kayvon Webster, E.J. Gaines, Bryce Callahan, Steven Nelson

S: Darian Stewart, Jimmie Ward, Eric Reid, Anthony Harris, Kemal Ishmael

I included some guys who will likely get "prove it" deals. Those are the guys who intrigue me.

From a local angle, the one DEN departing FA who could really surge IMO is Shaq Barrett.   Doubt he's an elite EDGE, but he's well rounded, and incredibly high-effort, and plus speed traits (thought to be too upright and stiff and not strong enough coming out of the draft, but was able to .   Could be a real steal for a team that gets him, given his cumulative stats aren't that impressive, but when he got more time, he was productive.  Given that he wants to start for a team, that's a lock that he's headed elsewhere.

Bryce Callahan isn't likely to be that cheap, but he's one of the few younger players hitting FA who could be a real impact player.   Slot-only used to be a detrimental label, but he's so good there, I think he's going to upgrade whatever team gets him significantly.

With Devante Parker, it's not a question of skills or talent - it's staying healthy.    That's a recipe for a real hidden breakout candidate if he lands in the right situation (NE, for example).  

In the grizzled-vet section, Ty Nsekhe was actually OK in his spot duty as a T.  I don't know if he will hold up, but as a 1-year stopgap to solidify OL, probably could do much, much worse. 

Archived