Polar Vortex Mock Draft

66fan

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Who the **** is Alphonso Carreker and what does he have to do with anybody in this draft class?

You must be a lot younger than me. The next great DE high draft pick from the 80’s from Florida State 

Interesting mock.  I agree the Pack should address the offensive line early in draft but I don't see a double dip at guard within our top three picks.  I think they go defense with two of the top three picks either edge and defensive back or defensive line and defensive back.

1 hour ago, Apex said:

Interesting mock.  I agree the Pack should address the offensive line early in draft but I don't see a double dip at guard within our top three picks.  I think they go defense with two of the top three picks either edge and defensive back or defensive line and defensive back.

I agree. I  took 2 because it would end a need for the next 7-8 years.

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Who the **** is Alphonso Carreker and what does he have to do with anybody in this draft class?

Defensive end from Florida State we drafted in round 1 in the 70's or early 80's if memory serves me. Hell he could have gone back to when we double dipped at DE in round 1 with Mike Butler and Ezra Johnson. Those both turned out great even though the teams they were on were terrible. 

13 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Okay, that's the first part of the question, the next being what does a guy drafted 35 years ago have to do with this class?

I was just trying to make all of the millennials on this board run to google to find the answer. I won’t ever bring up Rich Campbell or David Whitehurst here (yes, there were quarterbacks before Favre)

2 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Am I blind or is Lane Taylor not listed on your roster?

I do like the draft, although I'm not super high on taking a TE with our first pick, I could still live with it  

Looks like he's keeping Siragusa over him, something I see little chance of happening. 

10 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Defensive end from Florida State we drafted in round 1 in the 70's or early 80's if memory serves me. Hell he could have gone back to when we double dipped at DE in round 1 with Mike Butler and Ezra Johnson. Those both turned out great even though the teams they were on were terrible. 

Those were fun times. We met Ezra after a game one night at a bar and the rumors were that he was getting traded. One of my friends asked him about it and he said that he wasn’t getting traded. He was traded right after that. We had no internet then, only the Milwaukee Journal and the Milwaukee Sentinel ( they were 2 separate newspapers back in the old days, we couldn’t read them online either because there wasn’t an online)

3 minutes ago, 66fan said:

Those were fun times. We met Ezra after a game one night at a bar and the rumors were that he was getting traded. One of my friends asked him about it and he said that he wasn’t getting traded. He was traded right after that. We had no internet then, only the Milwaukee Journal and the Milwaukee Sentinel ( they were 2 separate newspapers back in the old days)

One of my all-time favorite players. I've always loved the guys who could get to the QB and that was Ezra's deal. He could rush the passer. 

6 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Looks like he's keeping Siragusa over him, something I see little chance of happening. 

No way in hell that happens. Taylor is a damn good football player. He's even got us out of games at LT, no way he's gone, and even I have high hopes for Siragusa aswell. 

Just now, Golfman said:

One of my all-time favorite players. I've always loved the guys who could get to the QB and that was Ezra's deal. He could rush the passer. 

Do you remember when the big controversy with him was when he ate a hotdog on the sideline during a game? A much simpler time.

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

No way in hell that happens. Taylor is a damn good football player. He's even got us out of games at LT, no way he's gone, and even I have high hopes for Siragusa aswell. 

You are probably right. I didn’t include him because I drafted 2 starters in my mock and also ‘hope ‘ that Cole Madison makes it back. Since it was for the 4th guard, I kept the younger player because of developmental potential and salary cost.

Just now, 66fan said:

You are probably right. I didn’t include him because I drafted 2 starters in my mock and also ‘hope ‘ that Cole Madison makes it back. Since it was for the 4th guard, I kept the younger player because of developmental potential and salary cost.

I know mocks are for fun and speculation. Taylor is my guy though, I gotta have his back! xD

Archived