Leisher's 2019 Mock draft 1-29-19. (Outside the box)

jleisher

Sorry fokes, I know you get sick of me doing mocks, but I enjoy doing them and it's cold as crap outside.  Here we go.  You can figure out player to release, we never seem to agree on that.

Rod Wilson

Rod Wilson STC  (Cheifs)  Coached and played under Dave Toub

Report: 49ers interviewed Wes Welker for unspecified coaching role

Wes Welker WRC  (Texans)

Free Agents:  

This is a photo of Anthony Barr of the Minnesota Vikings NFL football team. This image reflects the Minnesota Vikings active roster as of Monday, June 12, 2017. (AP Photo)Anthony Barr  Edge Vikings  3yrs/$36m  (I really like the thought of him as an Edge rusher.)  2019 Cap hit $11m

This is a photo of Everson Griffen of the Minnesota Vikings NFL football team. This image reflects the Minnesota Vikings active roster as of Monday, June 12, 2017. (AP Photo)Emerson Griffen DE  Vikings  2yrs/$20m  (I know he's not a FA, but Vikings need cap space, I can see him being released.  So, add him and Barr, why the hell not?  Front 3 of Daniels-Clark-Griffen, wow!)  2019 Cap hit $10m

Boston_Tre_edited-16x9Tra Boston  S  Cardinals  3yrs/$21m  (Not sure if $ is right or not, but could offer the Packers a solid CF in the DB.)  2019 cap hit $6m

#26 - CB Bashaud BreelandBashaud Breeland  CB  Packers  3yrs/$28m  (House is gone and TWill might or should be gone.)  2019 cap hit $6m

ERFAs:  I can only want 4 back.  Reality is, none of the Packers free agents are most resigns IMO.)

#16 - WR Jake KumerowJake Kumerow WR

#64 - G <forge-entity title="Justin McCray" slug="justin-mccray" code="player">Justin McCray</forge-entity>Justin McCray G/T

#62 - G <forge-entity title="Lucas Patrick" slug="lucas-patrick" code="player">Lucas Patrick</forge-entity>Lucas Patrick C/G

#85 - TE <forge-entity title="Robert Tonyan" slug="robert-tonyan" code="player">Robert Tonyan</forge-entity>Robert Tonyan TE

2019 Mock Draft:

#12.  Kansas City calls and wants to move up, offer the Packers picks #29, #61, #64 and #194.  (Trade value is 1200 - 1215, +15 for Packers.)  Why?  You helped your pass rush with Barr and Griffen and added a S in Boston.  Cheifs select Jachai Polite Edge Florida.

#29.  Dalton Risner NFL

Scouting Report: Dalton Risner

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Kansas Sate Position: Offensive Tackle Class: Senior Height: 6-5 Weight: 300 Projected Draft Round: 2-3

Scouting Report:

A modern right tackle prospect that projects more of a pass protector than a road grader run blocker. Excellent against speed, with great feet and balance. Sets quickly and isn’t easily put into bad position by crafty pass rushers. Uses his hands well, and while he doesn’t overpower opponents, he uses his length to keep pass rushers at bay. Superb ability to get the next level, and pulls well. Not going to be that bulldozer right tackle that was coveted years ago, but is a fit at right tackle in today’s game.  (IMO, OL is the #1 need in the draft.  Bulaga will not be back in 2020, and could be released for cap space in 2019.  Here's the future RT.)

#30.  T.J. Hockenson NFL

Scouting Report: T.J. Hockenson

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Iowa Position: Tight End Class: Sophomore Height: 6-5 Weight: 245 Projected Draft Round: 1-3

Scouting Report:

One of the best, if not the best run blocking tight end prospect. Sets his feet quickly, and doesn’t lose balance when shuffling right to left back or forward while blocking. Gets his hands locked and is relentless with his blocking assignment through the whistle. Able to find defenders to block at the next level in space as well, and takes good angles to seal off running lanes. As the season progressed, showed off remarkable ability to catch the ball as well, making him one of the most well rounded tight end prospects in the draft.  (Seems to be the perfect fit for the new system.)

#44.  Chris Lindstrom NFL

Scouting Report: Chris Lindstrom

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Boston College Position: Offensive Guard Class: Senior Height: 6-4 Weight: 305 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Predominantly man-blocking, old school offensive line blocking scheme teams will find his skillset ideal. He has experienced playing outside as well, but looks more natural as interior man to man blocker, particularly in the run game. Plays with a burst you normally see just with speed rushing defensive ends, and snaps into position off of the snap. Seems to have a lot of natural strength, as he plays stronger than his stated height and weight.  (The running game is going to play a bigger part in the offense for 2019, adding Risner, Hockenson and Lindstrom only makes the future blocking game brighter.  Risner and Lindstrom seem to work well together at the Senior Bowl, let's do it in Green Bay.)

#61.  Taylor Rapp NFL

Scouting Report: Taylor Rapp

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Washington Position: Safety Class: Junior Height: 6-0 Weight: 200 Projected Draft Round: 2-4

Scouting Report:

Extremely rangy safety, that started his college career patrolling deep in the secondary. Flies around in the open field. Reads plays quickly and able to hit top gear to get to the ball. Plays hard and is a willing and able tackler. Team decided to utilize his quick twitch athleticism closer to the line of scrimmage and has been very proficient against the run and with blitzes.  (Teams with Boston in the backfield, Rapp SS and Boston FS.)

#64.  Austin Bryant - 2019 NFL Draft

Scouting Report: Austin Bryant

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Clemson Position: Defensive End Class: Senior Height: 6-5 Weight: 265 lbs Projected Draft Round: 2-5

Scouting Report:

A physically gifted athlete that has all of the athletic ability that NFL evaluators like to see in a defensive end. A fairly raw propsect that needs to continue to work on his technique, particularly his hand work, and developing more pass rush moves. Very productive, but surrounded by elite, future NFL talent, his draft process will be very important, particularly with measuring his explosive potential, which will help determine whether he is better suited as a left defensive end, or if he has the high ceiling allowing him to be a premier, right side defensive end.  (One of my favorite Edge rushers in the lower rounds, works behind Fackrell and Barr.  Could even push Fackrell back to backup by game #8.  If not, 2020 Edge rushers are Bryant and Barr with Daniels (?), Clark and Griffen on the frontline.)

#75.  Isaiah Buggs NFL

Scouting Report: Isaiah Buggs

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Alabama Position: Defensive Tackle Class: Senior Height: 6-4 Weight: 295 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

An experienced and extremely strong defensive lineman that appears to in between multiple ideal positions at the next level. Country strong, with powerful hands, when he is operating at top gear he is a force not be trifled with. Can toss aside bigger offensive lineman when using his hands to throw them off balance. What he lacks is the burst that is going to be measured throughout the draft process. He simply lacks consistent explosiveness. With his talent, and elite strength, and ability and experience in playing on the outside and on the inside, will find a home in a scheme that will focus his skillset.  (Adds depth in 2019, could be Daniels replacement in 2020.)

#114.  

Scouting Report: Terry McLaurin

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Ohio State Position: Wide Receiver Class: Senior Height: 6’1 Weight: 205 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

An exceptional route runner, that was a bit overshadowed in his college career by several other prospects that got more attention. A technician in the open field, is able to consistently get separation after coming out of breaks, and using defensive backs’ weaknesses against them.  (Seems to be the flavor of the week after the Senior Bowl, I like the fact about route running.  Screams Packer to me.)

#118.  

Ben Burr-Kirven NFL

Scouting Report: Ben Burr-Kirven

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Washington Position: Inside Linebacker Class: Senior Height: 6-0 Weight: 222 Projected Draft Round: 2-4

Scouting Report:

Elite athleticism and uses his burst to generate power via momentum. A tackling machine that quickly diagnoses plays and uses a rare explosiveness to punish ball carriers and receivers. Takes good angles, and rarely misses tackles. Able to cover sideline to sideline and not a liability in coverage. Position at the next level could be anywhere from off the ball linebacker to nickel safety to hybrid safety/OLB.  (Here we go, we find someone to team with Martinez.  Pushes Burks for starting spot from day 1.  Adds to the ST as well.)

#151.  Lonnie Johnson JR NFL

Scouting Report: Lonnie Johnson Jr.

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Kentucky Position: Cornerback Class: Senior Height: 6’3 Weight: 190 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

A tall, long press-man corner that can hold up down vertical routes against big and fast receivers. Fits physical secondary schemes made popular by the Legion of Boom, but limited against shiftier interior route runners. A surprise invite to the Senior Bowl over his teammate, Johnson shined during the practice week, interrupting routes off of the snap of much more heralded prospects.  (Might not be here in the 5th, but if so, take him.  Seems to be going up the boards after a solid Senior Bowl week.  Add him to King, Alexander and Jackson.)

#187.  

Scouting Report: Keeland Doss

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: UC Davis Position: Wide Receiver Class: Senior Height: 6’3 Weight: 206 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Out of the box ready to play NFL type receiver that runs exceptional routes and understands the subtle aspects of the passing game. Burner for a big man, and can create separation by running past defenders, and wins contested balls. Hits the ball at its highest point and fights for every catch. Very mature, and has superb character and leadership skills.  (Again, another player that might not be here, but players slide.  Add him and McLaurin with Adams, MVS, ESB, Moore and Kumerow.  Could be wicked!)

#195.  Jordan Ellis NFL

Scouting Report: Jordan Ellis

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Virginia Position: Running Back Class: Senior Height: 5-10 Weight: 225 Projected Draft Round: 4-6

Scouting Report:

Compact and powerful running back that hits his running lanes with authority. Not just an in-between the tackles runner, will show good vision, and has a nice lateral bounce step that allows him to get outside, and has the burst to make plays in the open field. An extremely productive back that always seems to get tough yards, his proficiency in pass protection could make him a surprise upper mid round pick, that could end up having a much longer career than backs taken ahead of him.  (I would love to select Josh Jacobs in the earlier rounds, but some of you think RB isn't a need.  If they focus more on the running game like they want, your going to need a 3rd horse.  Jacobs would battle Jones for the #1 RB job from day 1, but Ellis offers a solid #3 RB in the 6th round.)

#218.  Chase Hansen NFL

Scouting Report: Chase Hansen

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Utah Position: Safety/ Outside Linebacker Class: Senior Height: 6’3 Weight: 216 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Recruited as a quarterback, converted to safety, and then to linebacker, Hansen is a high end athlete with football intelligence and experience seeing the game from different perspectives. The last position conversion was due more to depth than fit, but he has been extremely productive at linebacker, racking up tackles, sacks, INT’s and TFL’s. Very rangy, and probably best suited as a safety at the next level that can come up and play in a hybrid type linebacker position, covering tight ends and running backs. Sees the field very well and makes quick decisions. Sound tackler, very willing, and doesn’t take bad angles or make hurried decisions in the open field, so rarely out of position in coverage.  (A player I see dropping, no true position.  We play him at S and add him and Burr-Kirven to the ST will increase the speed and tackling.)

#228.  Andrew Wingard

Scouting Report: Andrew Wingard

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Wyoming Position: Safety Class: Senior Height: 5-11 Weight: 209 lbs Projected Draft Round: 3-6

Scouting Report:

A fearless defensive back that seemingly has “no self preservation” instincts in regards to his tackling ferocity. Primarily an in the box safety, with exceptional break down skills and ability to wrap up ball carriers. Can cover running backs and tight ends, but could have some issues in deep coverage if asked to play “centerfield” as a safety. Excellent football intelligence and plays hard through the whistle.  (Another player I can see dropping.  We have Boston, Rapp, Hansen, Brice (?) and Wingard at the Safety spots and all three draft picks, Rapp, Hansen and Wingard will add to the STs.)

UDFA:

IngoldAlec.jpg  Alec Ingold FB WI

YoungMarquis.jpg  Marquis Young RB UMass

GayMatt.jpg  Matt Gay K Utah

HesseParker.jpg  Parker Hesse Edge Iowa

LapuahoU.jpg  Ului Lapuaho T/G BYU

BarsAlex.jpg  Alex Bar OL Notre Dame

Raymond.jpg  Dax Raymond TE Utah St.

KrepszSean.jpg  Sean Krepsz OL Nevada

LairdPatrick.jpg  Patrick Laird RB Cal

There are some issues here. First of all, Griffen is an EDGE, not a IDL so he wouldn't be part of a front-3. Secondly, there's no way you can go 10M per on Griffen with the red flags. The Barr deal would have to be longer. The draft is okay. Dax Raymond might be a day 2 pick though, so I really doubt he's a UDFA.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why does everybody want to trade back for a Guard and Tight End?

Not sexy picks but fill positions of great need for the next 7 to 8 years. These positions have been grossly overlooked for the last 3 years or more.  

19 minutes ago, 66fan said:

Not sexy picks but fill positions of great need for the next 7 to 8 years. These positions have been grossly overlooked for the last 3 years or more.  

Because they're not value positions. A top 10DE is worth more than a top 10 TE and a top 10 Guard.

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because they're not value positions. A top 10DE is worth more than a top 10 TE and a top 10 Guard.

I agree but we are comparing probably the number 5 DE to the number 1 TE PLUS the number 2 Guard. 2 positions for 1, not 1 for 1

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I still have huge reservations with Hockenson. Looks clunky to me. Doesn't look like a good enough athlete for the next level. Maybe the combine will change my mind

I like Hockenson because he is the more complete package of receiving and blocking tight end. Would you rather have Gronk or Vernon Davis?

12 minutes ago, 66fan said:

I agree but we are comparing probably the number 5 DE to the number 1 TE PLUS the number 2 Guard. 2 positions for 1, not 1 for 1

I think the argument should be more, 

If Edge picked at 12 becomes a top 15 pass rusher (which is very realistic), that is more valuable to us than a top 5 TE and a top 5G combined.

Like really, lets not screw this up. We had a chance at a solid pass rusher last year and traded down. Although I love Jaire, and it is cool having an extra 1, you could argue the trade wasn't worth it.

We gave up

14 (Davenport)

76 (ended up being Mason Rudolph, could have been Sam Hubbard, pick 77 who ended up with 6 sacks)

For 

Jaire

and pick 30 this year.

That is closer to breaking even than people realize, potentially a L. 

4 hours ago, jleisher said:

Sorry fokes, I know you get sick of me doing mocks, but I enjoy doing them and it's cold as crap outside. 

Not at all man. Keep them coming. I enjoy them, whether I agree with every move or not. 

Archived