Superb Owl LIII Game Day Thread

Sasquatch

I’ve been waiting for someone to create this thread so I can start talking smack.  Hadn’t happened yet, so here it is.  If that’s someone else’s official job, get on it, and mods can take this one down.

Cant believe we have to watch another Patriots SB.  Be that as it may, guarantee the Pats are going to pressure the ever living hell out of Goff.  Worked on Mahomes, and everyone knows if you take away Goff’s first read and pressure him hard, he’s toast.

Pressuring Brady isn’t as easy, for obvious reasons, but there’s got to be a way to disrupt that offense.  Attack Edelman at the LOS and slow him down before Brady has time to hit em.  Disrupt the running game and passes to the the RB’s.  Whatever it takes to let Donald and company get home to Brady!

4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Agreed.  He's damn near ruined the Avalanche.  But I'll vomit violently if Brady gets a 6th ring.

I'd be okay if it made him retire. They'll take them all away in a few years anyways.

Ugh, another SB with the Pats in it, and the worst part? Neither team deserves to be in this SB (the Pats also got gifted a trip to the SB with help from the zebras, as usual, and Dee Ford).

Since neither team deserves to be in it, I'll root for the team who DOESN'T have a huge history of cheating, paying the referees (see: last year's AFCCG), benching players and snubbing coaches and their families who are about to leave. I don't know how anyone in their right mind can root for the Pats except Pats fans and maybe Saints fans, bunch of scumbags. I'm glad they lost last year's SB and I hope they lose again this year.

That said, I'm pretty sure they take this one as much as it pains me to admit.

Never been a Patriots fan, but I have to acknowledge the job BB has done (even if he cheats) in the era of Free Agency.

As an owner, Kraft deserves kudos also.  The Patriots have been blessed by being in the AFC (L)EAST, but the have also taken advantage of that opportunity.  The Packers have been reasonably successful over the last 25 years, but we just don't compare with the Patriots.  Frustrating, unnerving as it is- I have to tip my hat to them.

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Seriously though, Stan Kronke doesn't deserve to have a Super Bowl.

This above all.  I'll be watching the Patriots dissect the Rams on Sunday.  Consistently the best coaching staff in the NFL.

Just a sucky matchup. I don't want either to win. I guess at this point, to me, adding another one to Brady's legacy is better than Kroenke winning. But it would be kinda funny for them to win before they have their fancy stadium built

Last year I didn't give the Eagles much hope. They won with their Oline. This year the best Oline is....the Rams. You have to beat the Patriots so the Rams have an innovating coach that will cross up NE's D. The Rams secondary should be better then they have performed. During the playoffs...they have played better. The biggest reason I think the Rams will win, Donald and Suh! They will force pressure up the middle and make Brady throw on the run, or move out of the pocket. 

All being said...I won't see the SB and I won't miss anything. The replays will last forever!

Archived