Pacman's Cold Day Mock Offseason

pacman5252

Sorry no pictures

Release-

Perry- damaged goods

Not retained-

Matthews- if he took a 1 year 3M deal I’d bring him back as a situation guy, not really worth anything more

Cobb- too injuried

Key retained

Jimmy- rumored to already be true

T Williams- not special anymore, but not terrible. Minute filler

Breeland 2 years 12 M- Should be enough to bring him back. Solid 2/3 corner

FA

Edge- Barr 3 years 40 M- Kind of a projection, but a gamble worth taking. Athletic impact defender who is young. Could easily be a double digit sack edge

S- Tre Boston 2 years 10M- solid stop gap S

WR-Jamie Crowder- 1 year 5M- we need a veteran WR. He can play, but has health issues. Worth a gamble

This would work cap wise- about a 33M cap hit for 2019 giving us room for picks

Draft-

Pick 12- Clelin Ferrell- This is a rush to the podium scenario. We get our pass rusher for the next decade can play immediately.

There’s a trade

GB sends pick pick 30, 75 to Seattle for pick 21 (we have the ammo, extra 1, 4)

Pick 21- GB selects Rashaun Gary- Disruptive DE for Pettine to play with Top 15-20 player in the class. 

Pick 44- Dalton Risner- Plug and play RG. The hole at G is gone

Round 4a- Kris Boyd- CB that is kind of all over the board for draft day projections. This pick is more of a conceptual pick I'd like a CB that can provide roster flexibility and ST impact around here.

Round 4b - Foster Monreau- Lafluer likes TEs. This gives him one to develop that can immediately help as a blocking TE, and hopefully expand his game

Round 5- Hjalte Froholte- Athletic OL. Needs strength and coaching. Stash OL prospect.

Round 6- Cole Tracey K- Best kicking prospect. Sorry Crosby (camp cut).

I’ll skip round 7

I know my explanations were a little brief, but this was more about a general concept I'd be happy to see (getting rush, OL, roster flexibility, KR, a vet WR, vet S). I’m probably missing a few moves on this (minor vet minimum adds, cheap RFA decisions), and some of these guys might be projected to go a little earlier/later than when I picked them, but for the most part this would be doable and isn’t super crazy.

What I like;

-Pass rush… 2 impact LBs and one more quality impact DL. This would solve a lot of issues our D has had since Peppers and Clay regressed. This would bring the D from the mid 20s to a top 10-15 level

- Solving the RG spot and adding OL depth. Hopefully too Cole Madison comes back so we could haven’t another mid round prospect in there too.

-Adding a vet WR and blocking TE who can fill roles and help the O immediately

- Adding options to the S spot

- Going up and taking a player who is going to make an impact at a value position. At 30 we're looking at a lot of projections at high value spots (Edge, DL, OT) or taking a WR/TE/S/G. With the extra 1/4, we have the ammo to get another potential blue chip player at a core position without really feeling a negative sting from it.

What I think I failed on-

-           I could have given us a second round level WR, but I thought this is the first time in a long time we have extra ammo to trade up and get another impact front 7 player that slips a bit.

-          I wish I could have gotten another S. I thought between bringing back Williams, Breeland, and drafting a CB in r4 there are options for the #2 safety spot that are serviceable (Jackson, Williams, Jones)

-          I would have liked to also draft another RB (round 4-6) to compete, but I think we are overall fine

-          ILB is also kind of a concern outside Blake with this outcome

I like what you did in FA and early in the draft. Unless you move Josh Jackson to S I’m not a fan of the CB pick. Not a fan of Boyd either. Would also like a TE that’s a bit more of a receiver. Can’t address everything in the draft though. Nice work all around though!

56 minutes ago, Lieker said:

I like what you did in FA and early in the draft. Unless you move Josh Jackson to S I’m not a fan of the CB pick. Not a fan of Boyd either. Would also like a TE that’s a bit more of a receiver. Can’t address everything in the draft though. Nice work all around though!

Thanks... I feel like looking at the realistic options available, resources, and major needs (2 pass rushers, S, RG, WR, TE) grabbing a WR and S in FA make sense this year  as well as gettinge pass (good class, we have resources) and a G in the draft. Barr was the splash spoil move

Yeah, the CB pick was kind of with the Jackson move in mind (as well as adding a KR option). You can never have enough DBs who can play.

I totally get the TE feeling. I was tempted on taking a more athletic receiving projection and have wanted one for awhile too. I settled on Moreau though after considering our need for a blocking TE with room to grow into a receiver and just kind of running out of resources/higher end receiving options (as well as the reports Grahm is coming back).. He projects as a nice piece.

2 hours ago, Victor1124 said:

I wouldn’t call Gary very disruptive. He doesn’t make much of an impact and barely has any production. I don’t get the hype when i watch him play. He seems like he could turn into Nick Perry 2.0

From what I understand he was miss utilized by Michigan. Used more as an EDGE. Would be a good fit as a 3T.

Archived