Mack Wilson

Gibster16226

Here's what I gathered about Mack Wilson:
+ superb in coverage, pro-ready.
+ size/athleticism suggests he will get better
+ hard-hitting
+ is a Blitzer
- Happy feet in the run game
- Played behind the superior line, unsure how he'll battle at the line of scrimmage
- Not the best sideline to sideline tackler of the class
- Not an effective pass rusher

People may grade him as a 2nd round like they did Lavonte David.
Doesn't mean he's not going to be a pro bowler.
Players like him have MORE value for us than other linebackers would.
If he's there, you take him. Players like him don't get to be available in any class often. 
He may be the best coverage LB coming out of Alabama ever.

15 hours ago, Alex said:

Here's what I gathered about Mack Wilson:
+ superb in coverage, pro-ready.
+ size/athleticism suggests he will get better
+ hard-hitting
+ is a Blitzer
- Happy feet in the run game
- Played behind the superior line, unsure how he'll battle at the line of scrimmage
- Not the best sideline to sideline tackler of the class
- Not an effective pass rusher

People may grade him as a 2nd round like they did Lavonte David.
Doesn't mean he's not going to be a pro bowler.
Players like him have MORE value for us than other linebackers would.
If he's there, you take him. Players like him don't get to be available in any class often. 
He may be the best coverage LB coming out of Alabama ever.

I was going to write some similar things on him. He’s overrated as a 1st round pick. Struggles to disengage from blocks. Pass rush based on speed in the hole rather than hand usage. Vision against the run is questionable at best. Doesn’t play man all that well. Plays primarily hook zone, playing the run comes after reacting to the pass. 

Many of the same things were said about Shazier coming out.  Wilson is not the Athlete Shazier was but he may be more football smart.

He is a high ceiling high floor type of player.  His floor is not as high as D. White but that is why White will go top 15.  I like him way better than Bush for the Steeler defense.

26 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Many of the same things were said about Shazier coming out.  Wilson is not the Athlete Shazier was but he may be more football smart.

He is a high ceiling high floor type of player.  His floor is not as high as D. White but that is why White will go top 15.  I like him way better than Bush for the Steeler defense.

Pretty much this. Bush reminds me of a tiny Lawrence Timmons. Great at attacking forward, great sideline to sideline speed, but not a great cover guy. I'd love to have Bush as the BUCK, with a Shazier type or Wilson as the MACK.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:13 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

Pretty much this. Bush reminds me of a tiny Lawrence Timmons. Great at attacking forward, great sideline to sideline speed, but not a great cover guy. I'd love to have Bush as the BUCK, with a Shazier type or Wilson as the MACK.

Shazier was never particularly good in coverage, despite his athleticism.

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Shazier was never good at zone coverage.  He was decent in man

Agreed...but I see a lot people who act like he was one of the better cover LBs in league when he never was.

Archived