Second Round WR - It’s Time

badgers0821

There's a thread about this a few pages back that has like 550 replies. It turned into a lot of flailing abut;

1. Some people don't think WRs are "worth" a first 2 round pick based on draft value

2.  Some people are higher on ESB and MVS than others and think they have high end upside, some don't.

I'm personally with you. We either need to bring in a FA that can play or another playmaker in the top 2 rounds. I'd love a Deebo, AJ Brown, Campbell, Brown

I   agree, I don't understand the infatuation for our rookie WRs from last year given how awful our offense looked for long stretches.  Some truly believe that any and every WR that touches this roster is going to be a star.  It's Jeff Janis all over again.

My preference would be Hollywood Brown but he could be gone.  Wish he was slightly bigger but he's an elite route runner with elite quickness.  We sacrificed skill at WR for athleticism over the last 2 seasons and our offense has paid the price badly for it.  Had we drafted a more polished WR like Smith-Schuster instead of the 5 low end WR prospects we've drafted over the last 2 years I'd have less angst about the offense going forward.

We need some insurance in our WR core.  Don't think we should be going into next year depending on one of those rookies to turn into a high end starter and Allison is an UFA after this coming season.  It's time that we infuse this offense with some quality youth instead of throwing bottom of the roster caliber of players at it expecting that they develop into stars.

14 minutes ago, SSG said:

I   agree, I don't understand the infatuation for our rookie WRs from last year given how awful our offense looked for long stretches.  Some truly believe that any and every WR that touches this roster is going to be a star.  It's Jeff Janis all over again.

My preference would be Hollywood Brown but he could be gone.  Wish he was slightly bigger but he's an elite route runner with elite quickness.  We sacrificed skill at WR for athleticism over the last 2 seasons and our offense has paid the price badly for it.  Had we drafted a more polished WR like Smith-Schuster instead of the 5 low end WR prospects we've drafted over the last 2 years I'd have less angst about the offense going forward.

We need some insurance in our WR core.  Don't think we should be going into next year depending on one of those rookies to turn into a high end starter and Allison is an UFA after this coming season.  It's time that we infuse this offense with some quality youth instead of throwing bottom of the roster caliber of players at it expecting that they develop into stars.

I wouldn't complain at all if we found a guy that has athleticism and can run a precise route. 

With that being said, I do think we first need to see the guys that we have in La Fleur's offense  before saying that it is a need.  

4 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I wouldn't complain at all if we found a guy that has athleticism and can run a precise route. 

With that being said, I do think we first need to see the guys that we have in La Fleur's offense  before saying that it is a need.  

I'd argue we have seen enough from ESB/MVS to bring in another quality piece. A 2 time MVP's passer rating doesn't drop 30 points when targeting guys (dropped when not targeting Adams, Cobb, or Allison), and doesn't double up the league in throw aways for no reason.

I hope they develop. They have some nice measurables, but neither MVS or ESB should have been on the field so much last year and wouldn't have gotten run if it wasn't for injuries.

Archived