Hobbs & Shaw

RamRod

Oh hey

I just mentioned The F&F series in the star wars thread.

I'll be seeing this.  #8 didn't grab me (primarily because it was impossible to write around the hole that Paul Walker left), but i still love this series.  Can't wait for the trailer.

10 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Haven't watched any of these since 6, not sure why because I usually enjoy them.  Worth catching up?

If you liked the first 6, you'll like the last two.  So, yes.

Though i will say that 4/5/6 is probably my run within the franchise.  7 was good but suffers a bit from losing Gal Gadot and Sung Kang.  8 was pretty good, but has a huge hole from the loss of Paul Walker.

However what you lose in 7 you gain back a little from the addition of Kurt Russell.  It doesn't quite have the same synergy as the OG cast, but it's enjoyable.

8 has good chemistry between Statham and Johnson, so it has that going for it.  I expect this movie to be pretty great because of that. 

27 minutes ago, theJ said:

7 was good but suffers a bit from losing Gal Gadot and Sung Kang.

True, but if you have grown up and followed along with Brian O'Connor, its worth seeing the farewell. Pretty much what the whole movie was setting up for.

Im still a staunch defender of the original, and that its actually a decent (yet very different) movie. Even if it was a complete rip off of Point Break. So ill be seeing every one of these films till the sun burns out of the sky

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

True, but if you have grown up and followed along with Brian O'Connor, its worth seeing the farewell. Pretty much what the whole movie was setting up for.

Im still a staunch defender of the original, and that its actually a decent (yet very different) movie. Even if it was a complete rip off of Point Break. So ill be seeing every one of these films till the sun burns out of the sky

True, i should have pointed that out.  The ending is a tear wrecking event.  I can still barely watch it.

I love the original too.  Really i love them all.  Even number 3, which i think is helped by 5 and 6.  My second favorite movie series of all time.  If Paul were still around it might be my #1.

Archived