Positions your team always seems to be set at

Elky

For the last 37 years, the 49ers have pretty much been set at the "most awesome fan ever" position (spoiler, it's me). 

As for what's actually on the field? Nada. Because of how bad the team has been for long chunks of time between 2000 and present, there's been at least a stretch of years where we were weak at every position. 

RB. Theres been a year or two in between at times, or sometimes a past prime guy still getting the top spot. But we've basically gone straight from Holmes to LJ to Charles to Ware to Hunt to Williams, who now looks good. Go back further and the gaps were bigger, but Okoye and Marcus Allen were in there too.

We never seem to have a quite HOF career type guy. No 10 year starters. But we constantly get 3 or 4 year stints of great play with seamless transitions.

I don't know if there's really anything for the Jaguars, on account of the team has been terrible more often than not.

I'd say RB, in that i think that's probably the position people would most associate with the Jaguars being "solid"?  We went from unofficial GOAT Freddy Taylor to MJD, and now Fournette who was billed as bigtime and drafted extremely high for that reason.  Some pretty good backups over the years too, and Greg Jones was a fantastic FB for a very long time.  But there were some absolutely barren years post-MJD where we had like...Toby Gerhart as a starting RB, and Fournette has been injured far too often to live up to the billing thus far.

It does always seem like the Jaguars at least have at had at least one or two solid LBers.  Might just be mis-remembering or forgetting some bad times though, because the other glaring deficiencies of the Jaguars over the years have overshadowed anything else.

Archived