What would you guys think of this draft?

Magnus-Viktor

Your score is: 33698 (GRADE: A+) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 23 (HOU): Murphy, Byron, CB, Washington (A) 
Round 2 Pick 20: Wilson, Mack, ILB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 23 (HOU): Hockenson, T.J., TE, Iowa (B+)
Round 3 Pick 30 (CLE): Gardner-Johnson, Chauncey, FS, Florida (A+)
Round 4 Pick 17 (CLE): Samuel, Deebo, WR, South Carolina (A+)
Round 4 Pick 30 (NYG): Bradbury, Garrett, C, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25 (PHI): Smith, Sutton, DE, Northern Illinois (A+)
Round 6 Pick 2: Hall, Emanuel, WR, Missouri (A+)
Round 6 Pick 7 (NYG): Henderson, Darrell, RB, Memphis (A+)
Round 6 Pick 16 (CLE): Wesley, Antoine, WR, Texas Tech (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Renfrow, Hunter, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 7 (CLE): Pollard, Tony, WR/RB, Memphis (A+)
Round 7 Pick 19 (TENN): Van Ginkel, Andrew, OLB, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 7 Pick 21 (SEA): Giles-Harris, Joe, OLB/ILB, Duke (A+)

I should've drafted the CB from Houston, Isaiah Johnson, instead of Renfrow or Pollard, but I spaced it out there.  Sucked not getting any OLBs earlier, but if they bring back Dupree as I expect that's not a hgue need.  Bradbury could play OG or C....he's a former TE so he's pretty athletic.  At WR, we got a YAC guy in Deebo, a Mike Wallace type in Emanuel Hall, and a Plaxico type in Antoine Wesley.  Throw in your little Wes Welker in Renfrow, and could Pollard be a Percy Harvin type?  Then you get another all around TE in Hockenson who I think is a stud and Henderson is a big play jitterbug to complement Connor at RB.  That sure loads the offensive skill positions, which is going to be pretty damn bare with only Connor and JuJu coming back, along with McDonald when healthy.  

Most importantly, you get a top notch CB in Murphy, a S that impressed me in limited viewing in Chauncey Gardner-Johnson out of Florida, and Mack Wilson to help solidify the middle of the defense.  The draft just fell so that I wasn't able to get what I really wanted at OLB, but maybe Sutton Smith, Andrew Van Ginkel or Joe Giles-Harris turn into something.  

Should have gotten the Utah kicker at the end rather than Renfrow.

The first 5 players make the draft.  Deboo is going in the 2nd round.  Chauncey Gardner is my favorite name ( follow the link).  He is also an outstanding safety.     If Smith-Sutton is drafted it will be an off the ball LB.  Can he play ILB?  Not sure but he would have to in the Steeler system. Giles-Harris is another Big Red.  Very smart ILB with limited athletic ability.  The Pats will gobble him up earlier than the 7th.

10 hours ago, jebrick said:

Should have gotten the Utah kicker at the end rather than Renfrow.

The first 5 players make the draft.  Deboo is going in the 2nd round.  Chauncey Gardner is my favorite name ( follow the link).  He is also an outstanding safety.     If Smith-Sutton is drafted it will be an off the ball LB.  Can he play ILB?  Not sure but he would have to in the Steeler system. Giles-Harris is another Big Red.  Very smart ILB with limited athletic ability.  The Pats will gobble him up earlier than the 7th.

I was looking at a kicker with those last picks, but he was gone already.  Gay right?  He has a big leg.  Trust me, I thought about it, but too late.

I expect a lot of that too.  I agree with Sutton.  I'm not that familiar with the LBs to be honest.  I just wanted to get LBs at the end because we need them and hope that one of them sticks and is a diamond in the rough.  I would look for developmental projects that are athletic late in the draft, but I don't know them at this point except for the Houston CB that I forgot to draft.  

I really like the first 6 picks, and all the WRs I drafted.  They all showed flashes to me.  

First 3 rounds are good.

After that its too unrealistic.    Steelers would never make that many day 2 picks, or make that many trades to even acquire that many picks.   We would either package some to move up, or trade for some future picks or maybe trade some for veterans teams are looking to dump.  

19 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

First 3 rounds are good.

After that its too unrealistic.    Steelers would never make that many day 2 picks, or make that many trades to even acquire that many picks.   We would either package some to move up, or trade for some future picks or maybe trade some for veterans teams are looking to dump.  

True.  Towards the end I was just running into no one I really wanted, so I just traded back to see who else would pop up.  Those are "throw-aways".  

The first 4 rounds, and Hall, Wesley and Renfro would be huge though if possible.  In 1, I traded back from 20 to 23 because I couldn't decide between Brian Burns and Byron Murphy.  I really wanted Burns, but I also wanted a CB.  I would've been ticked if I lost both, but I would've taken Trayvon Mullen I suppose (trying to remember who all was around at that point).  

Archived