Bears Current Cap Situation

WindyCity

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears have about 16 million in cap space. They will get about 8 million more as they sign guys and push guys off the top 51 table.

I think that is enough to be competitive for both Callahan and Amos, realistically getting 1 of them back.

Nahhh...the Bears cut Parkey. They're in cap hell now. DOOM! :D

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Trevathan is a guy everyone expects to leave that I would like to see back.  I think he is an underrated ILB.  

I'd rather have Trevathan back than Amos or Callahan even though ILB is more of a replaceable position traditionally. 

Trevathan has always been a baller even here in Denver so I was very happy when we signed him.  He's also a guy whose come back from injuries and continued to play well.  He turns 29 this month but I don't see any reason why we shouldn't extend him for another 2-3 years unless somehow they feel Iggy will be ready to start next year.

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I will wait until next year to judge A Rob.   I think and hope he could be very good second year in system and 2 year removed from injury.  But it remains to be seen.

If not for the game he had against Philly playing with bad ribs I might have agreed but that pushed it over the top for me.  Mitch is showing huge trust in him now and he's producing like we expected he might.  Nothing I've seen worries me.  I think we've seen the worst off him this year.

Archived