Bears Current Cap Situation

WindyCity

8 hours ago, G08 said:

If it's me, I let Amos walk and draft a DB in round 3 (haven't studied DBs yet so I don't have any names handy). Let the rookie and Bush battle for the right to start opposite Eddie Jackson.

I agree.  I looked up safeties rated in 3rd round and watched a bit.  I. liked this guy.

16 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I think they can afford Robbie if they want to.

It is just more than likely going to mean a hard no to Amos and Callahan, it is probably a no to those guys anyway.

Hunt would be a very smart signing. He is an exceptional player at a uniquely small price.

I'd tend to agree especially when the top deals for a PK top out at $4-$5 mil APY and $15-$20 mil total vs estimated for Amos and Callahan in the $7-$8 mil APY range and $30 mil give or take total with 40%-50%  that guaranteed.

The lack of a dependable PK not only cost us a playoff win but it also cost us at least one and maybe two wins that would have allowed us to jump LA and get a first round bye.  I'd rather spend money on Robbie Gould than any other UFA.

I feel Amos will in all likelihood be lost if only because we'll need what it would take to sign him soon to extend Jackson and we'll also need to extend Floyd in order to reduce his 5th year option cost of $15 + mil.  Callahan however I feel is a possibility due to his injury history holding his price down.

I'm only lukewarm on Hunt.  Like Pace and GMcC have both said "we're not there yet".  I don't condone the violence but every coin has two sides and there are women who can be just as vicious and physically violent as men.  Been there, experienced that.....first hand.

16 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I should add the Bears have 3 ERFA on the team and all 3 should be resigned. That is 3 veterans off the list at a total cost of 1.9 million.

RRH
Coward
Irving

Really it is 18 million for 10 veterans or 1.8/signing.

Agreed and RRH especially since he's the one I believe might attract the most interest.

10.6 million

Debits [9.55]

-3.8 Bobbie Massie [-8.3 2020]

-2.75 Draft Picks

-3 Emergency Fund

Credits [15.6]

+6 Dion Sims

+2.1 Sam Acho 

+0 Cody Parkey [+1.5 2020]

+ 7.5 Top 51 

2019 Cap Space: 16.65 million

2020 Cap Space Spent: 6.8 million

2020 Cap Space Remaining: 35.1 million

Just used the spotrac roster manager and factored in Massie's 3.8M cap hit plus cutting Acho/Sims to begin with. We have 13.7M with rookie pool and top 51 contracts. We have some wiggle room with further cuts to go after Amos or Callahan with the option to put the CAP hits out to 2020 like Massie.

16.65 needs to stretch to about 10 veteran signings and re-signings.

Guys who I think they will bring back for sure,

ERFA: Coward, RRH, Irving, [-1.7 total]

Josh Bellamy 2 years 2.75 million [-1.25]

Brian Witzmann [-1.5]

Patrick Scales [-750k]

Ben Braunecker [no RFA tag] [-.9]

DHC [no RFA tag] [-.9]

16.65-7=9.65

You would essentially have 9.65 million to sign 2-3 veteran players. I think they may sign closer to 5-6.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

There is a 0.0% chance Abram is there in the 3rd

You could be right.  I have only looked at a handful of prospects.  

I just went off rankings of 3 boards and looked at guys supposed to be availabe in 3rd round.  A lot of boards are screwy until they can start copying actual scout boards and passing it off as their own work.

50 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

16.65 needs to stretch to about 10 veteran signings and re-signings.

Guys who I think they will bring back for sure,

ERFA: Coward, RRH, Irving, [-1.7 total]

Josh Bellamy 2 years 2.75 million [-1.25]

Brian Witzmann [-1.5]

Patrick Scales [-750k]

Ben Braunecker [no RFA tag] [-.9]

DHC [no RFA tag] [-.9]

16.65-7=9.65

You would essentially have 9.65 million to sign 2-3 veteran players. I think they may sign closer to 5-6.

I expect us to go talent heavy...by that I mean sign as much quality as possible then fill the gaps with undrafted free agents to try and strike gold.

24 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I expect us to go talent heavy...by that I mean sign as much quality as possible then fill the gaps with undrafted free agents to try and strike gold.

I think the above signings you have to make. They either play actual roles on the team or are so cheap you need to take advantage of the cheap price tag.

You may go talent heavy with the remaining 10 million, but my guess is that is more likely to go towards Whitehair and Floyd extensions or Callahan/Amos.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think the above signings you have to make. They either play actual roles on the team or are so cheap you need to take advantage of the cheap price tag.

You may go talent heavy with the remaining 10 million, but my guess is that is more likely to go towards Whitehair and Floyd extensions or Callahan/Amos.

They will sign the above but the rest of the money I see them going high end.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

They will sign the above but the rest of the money I see them going high end.

What is your definition of high end?

What positions will these high end player be?

I think we could see some high end backups or talented guys who need a change of scenery.

Archived