2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

Just now, SBLIII said:

Is Simmons expected to fall because of that or no future impact?

It's been settled for years. Teams already know the story. He's been a class act since. Below is a great article on adapting to the consequences of the incident:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/20/jeffery-simmons-and-the-grey-area-of-second-chances/

I’m sorry but as someone who works with children I like this message. Your actions can affect you way into your future. So think them through. But he also gets a chance to still chase his dream so resiliency is key. However it comes at a cost for what he has done. 

I suspect this itself will cost him precious little.  But the NFL always has had a limp-wristed approach to thugs.  Pretty nausea inducing IMO.

As for the combine, I always thought it was ridiculous that it impacted a player's draft slot much if at all.  I care what you have shown on the field, not how well you dart around some orange cones or how many reps with a barbell you can do. 

14 hours ago, bomont said:

I suspect this itself will cost him precious little.  But the NFL always has had a limp-wristed approach to thugs.  Pretty nausea inducing IMO.

As for the combine, I always thought it was ridiculous that it impacted a player's draft slot much if at all.  I care what you have shown on the field, not how well you dart around some orange cones or how many reps with a barbell you can do. 

This. It just seems really fake. He’s already been punished in multiple ways. NFL has no issue with him raking in millions but won’t let him work out in front of scouts.

On 1/31/2019 at 2:43 PM, SmittyBacall said:

I saw this. Pretty ridiculous posturing on the NFLs part. He's allowed in the NFL but not allowed at the combine?

Wait.  i thought the combine was it on by National Football Scouting, not the NFL directly.  If that's still the case, they can invite whomever they want, and decline to invite whomever they want for whatever their reasons.

Has this changed and I just missed it?  The combine is now always held in Indianapolis since their offices were very close by.

17 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Wait.  i thought the combine was it on by National Football Scouting, not the NFL directly.  If that's still the case, they can invite whomever they want, and decline to invite whomever they want for whatever their reasons.

Has this changed and I just missed it?  The combine is now always held in Indianapolis since their offices were very close by.

It’s in Nashville this year

Archived