2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

2 hours ago, VanS said:

's 6'5" 230 lbs and rumored to be running in the 4.4s and jumping 40 inches on the vert.  That kind of physical profile is rare.  He's got NFL superstar potential

Is he even healthy enough to participate?

9 hours ago, Jlash said:

Is he even healthy enough to participate?

They interviewed him at the senior bowl a couple of weeks ago and he said he would be full-go for the combine.  He actually could've played in the senior bowl as well but was held out for precautionary measures so he could be 100% for the combine.

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Just a reminder, Oliver is going to destroy the combine and the buzz will be fresh all over again. People will re-discover how good he is all over again, predictable

The best DT in this draft is Jeffrey Simmons.  I don't know what he'll do at the combine but on tape he looks to have the best combination of size, strength, explosiveness, and nasty.

1 minute ago, VanS said:

They interviewed him at the senior bowl a couple of weeks ago and he said he would be full-go for the combine.  He actually could've played in the senior bowl as well but was held out for precautionary measures so he could be 100% for the combine.

Nice. Should be fun to watch.

Is this like when you told us Kamara was gonna run in the uppers 4.2's low 4.3's? Don't do that to me again.

15 minutes ago, VanS said:

The best DT in this draft is Jeffrey Simmons.  I don't know what he'll do at the combine but on tape he looks to have the best combination of size, strength, explosiveness, and nasty.

Punching power off the charts compared to the other DT's in the class. In all fairness, I'll need to see more tape of the other prospects punching, but right now Simmons is miles and miles ahead of the rest.

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

Nice. Should be fun to watch.

Is this like when you told us Kamara was gonna run in the uppers 4.2's low 4.3's? Don't do that to me again.

I was off about his combine stats but I was right about his NFL potential.  Alvin Kamara is the first player in NFL history with 1,500+ rushing yards, 1,500+ receiving yards, and 30 TDs in his first 2 seasons.  And that's with splitting touches with another great RB.  If Mark Ingram doesn't resign this off-season, I can see Alvin joining Marshall Faulk and Roger Craig with a 1,000 yard rushing and 1,000 yard receiving season in the same year.

4 hours ago, reamer said:

Some very odd grades and comments on these players. Who is doing the writeups over there? Jeremiah and Brooks are fairly solid, but I'm not sure what to make of the analysis in quite a few of the participant profile pages.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

Lance Zierlein. He's been their scouting report guy for the last few years. 

6 hours ago, VanS said:

Simmons was dis-invited to the Combine for off the field things

14 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Lance Zierlein. He's been their scouting report guy for the last few years. 

I guess I'm used to seeing more level headed takes from Zierlein. Maybe I just caught a few that I don't agree with -- instead of giving him grief for it, perhaps I should reevaluate. Maybe he saw something I didn't.

Archived