2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

On 2/25/2019 at 11:39 AM, jrry32 said:

Wanny Taylor will miss the Combine with a hamstring injury.

It's a shame he won't be able to go because 312 is a HELL of a weigh in for him.....and aparently he's got a 6 pack now....

People were talking about how he's trying to avoid a Orlando Brown situation, but I don't see how that'd be the case after he did this much work to drop to 330+ during the season to 312

13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

McGary 32 7/8....At the Senior Bowl his arms measured 33 5/8.

Also think I read somewhere that Josh Jacobs is hurt, so he might not do anything on the field.

Are you suggesting that there's room for human error and that Combine measurements aren't divinely inspired and inerrant? Burn this heretic! 

19 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Too bad he's not that good.

This seems like a pretty common thought, but i don't really get it.  What do people hate about him so much?  He's not gonna be an NFL LT, he's got some issues playing with balance and getting to lunging a bit at times.  It's not "pretty", but in the games i've watched, he can play.  As a Guard or RT prospect?  I feel like he's actually got a 'lil bit of Orlando Brown to him.

9 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

This seems like a pretty common thought, but i don't really get it.  What do people hate about him so much?  He's not gonna be an NFL LT, he's got some issues playing with balance and getting to lunging a bit at times.  It's not "pretty", but in the games i've watched, he can play.  As a Guard or RT prospect?  I feel like he's actually got a 'lil bit of Orlando Brown to him.

Orlando Brown actually had good tape though. What held him back was his awful Combine. Ivey has a lot of bad film and I've seen it from scouting Jawaan Taylor. His technique is really poor and he doesn't seem all too strong.

7 hours ago, Duffman57 said:

It's a shame he won't be able to go because 312 is a HELL of a weigh in for him.....and aparently he's got a 6 pack now....

People were talking about how he's trying to avoid a Orlando Brown situation, but I don't see how that'd be the case after he did this much work to drop to 330+ during the season to 312

Wow! That's awesome for Taylor. He just helped his stock big-time. He never had bad feet, but moving 330+ pounds was tough for him. I also think he wore down late in games as a result and his technique died on him.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Also, on the other end of things...good gravy Martez Ivey has some absolute vines for arms.  36 2/8ths", and an 86 2/8ths" wingspan.  Whoa.  :o

I think Ivey is going to be a very good OG for someone. WIth that wing span, he could maybe move back out to tackle? There aren't many more physically impressive OL prospects than Ivey.

Archived