2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

CONS: Below-average athlete. Closing speed is a mile-an-hour. Lateral agility and overall explosiveness is poor for a safety. Excruciatingly conservative as a tackler in pursuit. Hesitates to not overrun his mark but then can’t make up for lost ground. Slow.

-Via the Draft Network

Swing and a miss there.

Not necessarily. Dude can time well and still play slow.

43 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Thornhill killing it with a 4.43. Maybe Chauncey won't be first safety taken.

Is Adderly hurt?

I don't think Chauncey will be unless Adderley tests poorly (when he does test).

51 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

4.49 for Chauncey. Should be 1st safety off the board

Feels good. That's right where I pegged him.

3 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

CONS: Below-average athlete. Closing speed is a mile-an-hour. Lateral agility and overall explosiveness is poor for a safety. Excruciatingly conservative as a tackler in pursuit. Hesitates to not overrun his mark but then can’t make up for lost ground. Slow.

-Via the Draft Network

Swing and a miss there.

Slow? Umm.

As for the rest... I can see it. Need to watch some tape on him. If anything he might have just went from Undrafted to maybe the 6th round just on his speed. 

2 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Fair. I just don't consider a 4.39 as a "below-average athlete"

4.29. But straight line speed is only 1 part of athleticism. And probably not the most important one either for a safety.

59 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

4.49 for Hooker on run #2. So many of you are going to mock him to your teams now.

He's the perfect fit to man the slot for the Lions as a hybrid CB/S. If they don't fill that role in FA then I could totally see him being the Lions 2nd round pick. 

26 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Ugo moves beautifully. That's not the issue when you watch him. He's soft. He's a pile-watcher who only tackles if he's forced to do it.

Hamp Cheevers is somewhat the same. He can do a whole lot, but he also looks really soft

40 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

David Long ran a 4.47 40 today? That's a great time for him. I'm a huge fan of his game. Think he's a steal in the mid-rounds.

Damn it. Sean Bunting ran a 4.43 40. Why is the Combine so intent on screwing up my desired Rams picks?

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Thornhill 44" vert :o

There should be a combine slam dunk competition.

It would never happen but I think it could be cool. Kind of like Pre Bowl event. A bit of a break from all the measurements in isolation. Something fun for kids who'd like to show off. Some things to demonstrate skills, safely, but more like a game.

I don't know if you invite the top performers, performers above x threshold, or each team gets to invite y to participate. 

It's mostly for a change of pace and to have entertainment value, but it could still be informative.

I want to see them play tag. xD

Archived