2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

10 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

4.55-4.72 are my complete guesstimates.

I honestly think he's going to run a freaky time for his weight. If he comes in a shade below 240lbs, I'm thinking somewhere between 4.45-4.50. Roquan Smith ran a 4.51 last year and I think White plays faster than that. The dude can fly in a straight line. As a Bengals fan who wants him at 11, it's a little disconcerting how well he might do in Indianapolis. I feel like a him being taken earlier than expected would be a legitimate possibility. 

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I didn't even know they let fans spectate. That's awesome.

They do only if the fans stand around Bill Belichick, cheer loudly, and block his vantage point with the wave. It's to prevent Bill with a challenge. Lord knows that doesn't happen during the season.

On 18/02/2019 at 12:28 PM, goldfishwars said:

That seems bad.

For a player whose game is built so much on that dynamic speed/explosive quickness...could really hurt him if teams are worried a lisfranc is gonna sap some of that away.  Kinda seemed like if he came in as light as many expected, he'd have been able to pretty much brush it away by confirming his explosiveness and speed in the combine testing.  Now it's just gonna be the weigh in for him?  Which is probably gonna be his "weakest event".

My guess is Andy Isabella totally burns it up in the 40 at the combine.  Could be a solid 3rd round pick and maybe 2nd rounder with a good workout, had a dominating senior year after playing well as a junior was even better as a senior and looked very good at the Senior bowl.

42 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

My guess is Andy Isabella totally burns it up in the 40 at the combine.  Could be a solid 3rd round pick and maybe 2nd rounder with a good workout, had a dominating senior year after playing well as a junior was even better as a senior and looked very good at the Senior bowl.

Yeah, his speed is legit. Darius Slayton is going to be another fast one. He won't be challenging the combine record in the 40 or anything, but I'd bet money he runs sub 4.40

8 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Yeah, his speed is legit. Darius Slayton is going to be another fast one. He won't be challenging the combine record in the 40 or anything, but I'd bet money he runs sub 4.40

Slayton is fast, but he has hands of stone.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:39 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Just a reminder, Oliver is going to destroy the combine and the buzz will be fresh all over again. People will re-discover how good he is all over again, predictable

Image result for no lie detected gif

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

My only problem with Andy he never catches the ball away from his frame. If he did, he'd be my #3 WR in this class. That's how good his routes are. The numbers of his I am really excited to see are his hand size, 3 Cone, and his Shuttle Run. I fully expect him to obliterate those last two drills. 

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I could actually see him ending up with a disappointing 40 time.  He's got some serious darting quickness, but that doesn't always translate to 40 yard dash "long speed" on a track at the combine.  And i'm not sure how his running style will translate to a track-style start like that.

I could definitely see him posting some split times that get the real scouts buzzing though.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

I could actually see him ending up with a disappointing 40 time.  He's got some serious darting quickness, but that doesn't always translate to 40 yard dash "long speed" on a track at the combine.  And i'm not sure how his running style will translate to a track-style start like that.

I could definitely see him posting some split times that get the real scouts buzzing though.

Isabella ran track in high school so I do not see it being an issue, would be a little disappointed if he does not run in the 4.3s range however.  Regardless in the slot he could be a hell of a weapon and is very hard to handle with his speed and quickness.  

2 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

My only problem with Andy he never catches the ball away from his frame. If he did, he'd be my #3 WR in this class. That's how good his routes are. The numbers of his I am really excited to see are his hand size, 3 Cone, and his Shuttle Run. I fully expect him to obliterate those last two drills. 

True but that is a small issue and can be easily corrected with the right coaching I feel.  And a lot of receivers have that problem coming into the league.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

True but that is a small issue and can be easily corrected with the right coaching I feel.  And a lot of receivers have that problem coming into the league.  

It really isn’t a small issue though, and body catchers will typically have a really tough time breaking that habit. I have seen the Giants draft a ton of mid-round body catchers that are good special teamers with elite athleticism or other elite traits, but they never pan out because they can’t do the one thing that is required of them in the role of receiver. In the NFL, that will literally make or break your career as a pass catcher. You can’t make up for the fact that you body catch with elite route running, or dangerous speed. Even the combination of the two won’t make up for it. 

I really like Andy because of everything else he does, though, and I hope he’s the guy that makes me eat crow. I would place my bet on him not evolving more past 4th receiver on a depth chart and a Special Teams Ace. 

Archived