2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, I don't watch Ole Miss games on purpose, but perhaps he's just slow to process and plays tentatively?

Or that writer was working on a deadline.

Crap instincts can neuter natural speed on tape pretty quickly, just saying.

15 minutes ago, otg said:

It would never happen but I think it could be cool. Kind of like Pre Bowl event. A bit of a break from all the measurements in isolation. Something fun for kids who'd like to show off. Some things to demonstrate skills, safely, but more like a game.

I don't know if you invite the top performers, performers above x threshold, or each team gets to invite y to participate. 

It's mostly for a change of pace and to have entertainment value, but it could still be informative.

I want to see them play tag. xD

Make the OL and DL symo wrestle in those big suits

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

4.37 for Savage on run #2. Did any of you see this coming from him?

Yes. He's the freakiest of the safeties, but he sucks at football. He takes terrible angles and doesn't understand tackling or how to leverage himself to defend multiple route concepts. He's got a ton of technical things to clean up and free safety is not a position where that should be taken lightly.

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yes. He's the freakiest of the safeties, but he sucks at football. He takes terrible angles and doesn't understand tackling or how to leverage himself to defend multiple route concepts. He's got a ton of technical things to clean up and free safety is not a position where that should be taken lightly.

Thoughts on your boy running. 4.69 at 5’10  191?

Just now, Counselor said:

Thoughts on your boy running. 4.69 at 5’10  191?

Sucks. Definitely felt like he was going to time much better than this. Very disappointing, but still not off the bandwagon or anything. Just was not buying into the "he's slow" argument that people were using. Now we'll have to wait and see if "he sucks."

15 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Make the OL and DL symo wrestle in those big suits

See, that would be fun. And possibly provide data.

I've never worn one so I don't know how much they limits speed or range of motion (but maybe get suits the definitely do). Maybe most players are awkward in the suits, but then some are beasts and dominate.

Shenanigans are fun either way. Keep everyone loose. 

Anyone else find it kind of irrelevant that Zedrick Woods and Ken Webster from Ole Miss did well at the combine.  Ole Miss was awful at pass defense last season, sure maybe it could be from a bad front seven but still.  Webster was at least on the radar I feel for a few years, never quite took his play to the next level and Woods I rarely noticed him and was like wow what a player back at safety.

Woods for sure, awesome time but how relevant is it?  Kind of like Troy Apke last year for Penn State, had a great combine with great numbers but his play on the field in the games did not match up to his athletic numbers.  Could argue Apke made more of an impact though in games than Woods or Webster.  Will see sure might take another look at them but yeah never thought of either one as this great player.  

Archived