Jump to content

2019 NFL Combine


SmittyBacall

Recommended Posts

Just now, pnies20 said:

Somewhat common isn’t it? Get more training and throw at pro day.

Dunno. Honestly, I haven't paid too much attention to the combine before now. How common is it? What notable QBs in recent years didn't throw? Was there any medical concerns with those?

If I'm a team thinking on taking a chance on Kyler Murray I want to see as much from him as possible. As the current enigma of this QB draft class, you'd think he'd want to throw to raise his draft stock, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001019244/article/kyler-murray-doesnt-plan-to-throw-at-nfl-combine

Kyler doesn't plan to throw at the combine. This is worrisome to me.

eh, who cares. We all know he can throw. We all know he isn't scared to compete. Knocking him for not partaking in something pretty meaningless is getting tired. National media members and anonymous scouts will dog him for this, but in the end it won't make a damn difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

"Kyler Murray is too small" > measurements pass every threshold

"DK Metcalf is too big" > measures in damn near perfectly with a record long wingspan for a WR

Gotta love this time of year when all the gas-bagging hot takes get torn to shreds

I don’t think it matters at all, guy can play – but what thresholds are Murray he exceeding? Hand size? He's still smaller than every starting QB in the league. 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

"Kyler Murray is too small" > measurements pass every threshold

"DK Metcalf is too big" > measures in damn near perfectly with a record long wingspan for a WR

Gotta love this time of year when all the gas-bagging hot takes get torn to shreds

To be fair, you can’t tell me these two people are only 20 pounds apart, especially when one player is 5 inches taller than the other. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

I don’t think it matters at all, guy can play – but what thresholds are Murray he exceeding? Hand size? He's still smaller than every starting QB in the league.

1

Hand size, height, and BMI. 5'10" 1/8 is only half an inch shorter than his closest comparison in Russell Wilson, his hands measured in well beyond the threshold, and his BMI is more than high enough to play in the NFL. Thresholds used by the NFL extend further back than just current players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Dunno. Honestly, I haven't paid too much attention to the combine before now. How common is it? What notable QBs in recent years didn't throw? Was there any medical concerns with those?

If I'm a team thinking on taking a chance on Kyler Murray I want to see as much from him as possible. As the current enigma of this QB draft class, you'd think he'd want to throw to raise his draft stock, too.

I’m sure he will at his pro day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Hand size, height, and BMI. 5'10" 1/8 is only half an inch shorter than his closest comparison in Russell Wilson, his hands measured in well beyond the threshold, and his BMI is more than high enough to play in the NFL. Thresholds used by the NFL extend further back than just current players.

So he didn't exceed the height threshold then? Thresholds extend further back than current players yeah, but pre Russell Wilson nobody thought a guy his height could play in the NFL and if he didn't exist then people would still be trashing Murray's size. 

Murray is a weigh-in winner purely because he exceed low expectations. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, winitall said:

To be fair, you can’t tell me these two people are only 20 pounds apart, especially when one player is 5 inches taller than the other. 

I mean, you can choose not to believe it, but that's on you. That's literally what they weighed in at today. AJ Brown only weighed in two pounds lighter than Metcalf and he's three inches shorter, is that measurement fake too? Because he looks like he's more than two pounds lighter than Metcalf if we're going off post-workout pictures.

The picture that fooled everyone into thinking Metcalf was going to weigh in like David Boston was a post-workout photo. It's the same reason everyone got fooled into thinking Jared Veldheer looked like the hulk after a post-workout picture of him surfaced too. Muscles swell after a weight lifting session, Metcalf was never the oversized person everyone got tricked into thinking he was. He's been roughly the same size for over a year now. He's also probably cutting a little bit of weight going into the combine before carb-loading today so he can destroy his workouts. He's strong enough that he can afford to cut for this like a body-builder cuts for their events. Kyler Murray, on the other hand, was likely doing everything he could to gain weight. And that's fine, players take different approaches to this, but all that matters are the results. And the results so far have been great for Metcalf and Murray

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...