2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

2 minutes ago, lod01 said:

Don't see how it will hurt him as far as desperate teams. Mayfield had an 'I am the man' attitude and backed it up . Desperate teams will feel the pressure to draft him because they won't want to pass on him and him end up having a solid career.

I don’t mind a cocky player. Hell, I like guys who play with a swagger and believe they’re the best player on the field. However, he’s had months to prepare for this and knew baseball questions would be a big part of it. I hope for his sake he’s not this standoffish with GMs and coaches as he is with the media.

5 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Fat guy breathing heavy during workout...

*GASP*

Gotta love a mischaracterization of the truth to support a poor opinion. If he was simply just breathing heavily it wouldn't be noteworthy. But he was instead was clearly getting fatigued to the point that it was impacting his performance. And it's not like everyone else was gassed that bad, he was pretty much the only one. Yet he's being hyped as a special athlete, which just isnt true. 

10 minutes ago, lod01 said:

Don't see how it will hurt him as far as desperate teams. Mayfield had an 'I am the man' attitude and backed it up . Desperate teams will feel the pressure to draft him because they won't want to pass on him and him end up having a solid career.

Yeah... rookie contract is cheap to try. If his ego doesn't affect his relationship with front office and team then give him an extension.  Good performance on the field make team richer. That is all.

17 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Fair if you saw him that way. What's the value for that? I think many others hoped he was more than that, many expected him to test pretty well. Many saw him as a day two kinda pick. I'm usually not bothered about forty times for backs, but that 4.78 has me scrabbling round for comparisons. 

Given that everything seems to be getting smaller a big back is quite valuable. And as a Texans fan you can really see the problem with not having one. I'd be willing to spend a 3rd round pick on that if I think they are capable of essentially making the play a success on their own and I think Holyfield is in that place. He is not just strong but runs with the violence that maximizes that.

32 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I may have misheard a few times but it sounded like he just completely ignored questions.

I think that was due to a issue with the feed not him ignoring questions, he was answering questions but the way it came through not the one we could hear being asked.

7 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Gotta love a mischaracterization of the truth to support a poor opinion. If he was simply just breathing heavily it wouldn't be noteworthy. But he was instead was clearly getting fatigued to the point that it was impacting his performance. And it's not like everyone else was gassed that bad, he was pretty much the only one. Yet he's being hyped as a special athlete, which just isnt true. 

Generally stamina is not what is being talked about when you talk about athleticism. Look at the testing results. That is a special athlete.

48 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Dre'Mont Jones better run 4.90 or better at 280 lbs. He's the same weight as Omenihu.

Christian Miller has long arms.

Curious to see how many reps gym rat Porter Gustin puts up.

Tillery about 15 lbs lighter than I thought he'd be.

Polite looked shorter than 6'4 3/8" to me, but excellent size

Wish Maxx Crosby's arms were an inch longer

I thought Polite measured in at 6-2? also Christian Miller might sneak into the 1st

Was just reading an article about Bryce Love and it got me thinking about the argument from a couple years ago regarding Love's predecessor Christian McCaffrey. 2 years ago there was a pretty lengthy debate regarding McCaffrey skipping a meaningless bowl game in order to not risk an injury before the draft and cost himself millions of dollars. The rhetoric for some on here implied that it showed a lack of competitiveness from McCaffrey and was seen by them as a red flag. However, it seems ironic to me that Love who was next in line at Stanford as a legitimate NFL prospect at RB is now living what McCaffrey feared could happen to him had he played a meaningless bowl game. It's a bummer for Love who likely lost millions of dollars by injuring his knee in that bowl game. Love had a bit of a down year this year after having a great season last year, but had he been healthy, I think today is the day that his stock would be heating right back up as an early round pick. Love likely would have been among the fastest 40 times at the combine this year. Given his background/accomplishments in track I'd be surprised if he wasn't somewhere in the 4.3 range. I'd imagine that type of time and his past production in 2017 would have had a GM ready to give him a chance much earlier than he is expected to go now in the draft. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2019/02/28/nfl-scouting-combine-bryce-love-intriguing-draft-subplot/3024146002/

Archived