2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

5 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, he's a good QB. I agree with you. I think his ceiling is as a backup in the league. But I think he's gonna land somewhere and make a team happy with how well he helps to solidify the position. He's a leader and can make plays. I just don't agree with my NDSU counterparts in FCS (not all of them believe this BTW) that Stick is a 1st round prospect like Wentz was.

Stick isn't a first round prospect, but I think he has starter potential. His arm is middling, and he can be streaky as a pass and decision maker. However, he is quick through his progressions, has the best play-action fake in this Draft, is very elusive in the pocket, maneuvers the pocket well, is poised and tough as nails, and throws the football well when he's in rhythm. I think he'd do well in the McVay or Shanahan versions of the WCO if he has a strong running game behind him. I want the Rams to draft him. I think he fits perfectly on our team.

Huggins is a very hard evaluation due to lack of reps. But noticing him in the playoffs against ND and ALA he looked very stout against the run and pushed the pocket. I certainly didn't see much off a drop-off compared to DL. I do think he could go in the 4th round.

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, he's a good QB. I agree with you. I think his ceiling is as a backup in the league. But I think he's gonna land somewhere and make a team happy with how well he helps to solidify the position. He's a leader and can make plays. I just don't agree with my NDSU counterparts in FCS (not all of them believe this BTW) that Stick is a 1st round prospect like Wentz was.

Yeah there is absolutely no way he is a 1st round prospect just because the arm talent is not 1st round arm talent.  I agree with that, is totally a late round draft pick most likely or UDFA.

13 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

CeLzIwkUMAAT9jV.jpg

Sorry if this is kind of jerky, because with those intangibles and the athleticism he CAN he a great backup QB, but if I'm a coach, I want to try him in a Taysom Hill role with that kind of athleticism, maybe have him switching positions.

When Eisen said "speaking of large splits" did anyone else think he was bout to leave it there as a reference to the kids shorts riding down and showing a bit too much?

Why can they not get the big boys shorts that fit.

Archived