2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

2 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

It really isn’t a small issue though, and body catchers will typically have a really tough time breaking that habit. I have seen the Giants draft a ton of mid-round body catchers that are good special teamers with elite athleticism or other elite traits, but they never pan out because they can’t do the one thing that is required of them in the role of receiver. In the NFL, that will literally make or break your career as a pass catcher. You can’t make up for the fact that you body catch with elite route running, or dangerous speed. Even the combination of the two won’t make up for it. 

I really like Andy because of everything else he does, though, and I hope he’s the guy that makes me eat crow. I would place my bet on him not evolving more past 4th receiver on a depth chart and a Special Teams Ace. 

I do not feel it is a hard thing to break, with repetition and coaching it can be corrected if one is willing to work on it.  Think Julian Edelman came right into the league with the receiving skills he has now?  No.  If one does not put in the time to fix it yeah it could be a problem.  Isabella does not come off as a guy to me who will not put in the time to get better.  

52 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I do not feel it is a hard thing to break, with repetition and coaching it can be corrected if one is willing to work on it.  Think Julian Edelman came right into the league with the receiving skills he has now?  No.  If one does not put in the time to fix it yeah it could be a problem.  Isabella does not come off as a guy to me who will not put in the time to get better.  

No but Julian was notorios for having good hands coming out. The rest of his game is what needed to catch up. At this point in their careers it’s really hard to change how they catch a football.

1 hour ago, YogiBiz said:

No but Julian was notorios for having good hands coming out. The rest of his game is what needed to catch up. At this point in their careers it’s really hard to change how they catch a football.

Because he was a QB? 

How much catching the football did he do at Kent State?

Edit: just checked. 1 catch.

14 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

He still had suprisgnly good hands or he wouldn’t have been asked to be a WR.

thats because he had no other quality that was redeemable as a wideout.  

But I'm asking based on what was he 'notorious' for having good hands for when he didn't catch the ball in college?

1 hour ago, YogiBiz said:

Maybe but I do disagree, I feel receivers can improve how they catch the football technically when it is their full time profession, and UMASS is not exactly the cradle of WR coaches Mark Whipple is solid OC and helped that offense a ton.  But as a program they have what 4 players drafted into the NFL period in 37 years, sure they had Tajae Sharpe a few years back but that is about it.

On 2/19/2019 at 6:46 PM, Tugboat said:

That seems bad.

For a player whose game is built so much on that dynamic speed/explosive quickness...could really hurt him if teams are worried a lisfranc is gonna sap some of that away.  Kinda seemed like if he came in as light as many expected, he'd have been able to pretty much brush it away by confirming his explosiveness and speed in the combine testing.  Now it's just gonna be the weigh in for him?  Which is probably gonna be his "weakest event".

I don't need a 40 yard dash to know that Marquise Brown is fast.  The medicals would be what I'm more concerned about it.  Is there any long-term concerns with regards to his feet?

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

But I'm asking based on what was he 'notorious' for having good hands for when he didn't catch the ball in college?

I guess notorious was too strong a word. Excuse the misstep. He just looked catching the ball at his pro day. Which I guess you can’t put to much stock into 😔😔

giphy.gif

NBC Sports' Peter King reports Kyler Murray is up to 206 pounds.

Murray's height -- likely below 5-foot-10 -- has gotten a lot of ink heading into the Combine, but his slight frame could end up being a bigger concern for scouts. If this report is true, however, it would show Murray has the ability to put on some more weight. As of last week, Murray had yet to decide if he will participate during the throwing drills at the Combine.

Josh Jacobs has huge hands

Wish Darrell Henderson's hands were a little bigger, but he doesn't seem to have a fumble/drops issue

308 is a good weight for Edoga

Trevon Tate might have to learn how to play C. Could still be an OG, but 32 3/8" isn't ideal

Lots of OL with 34"+ arms this year. Hopefully a few of them can put up 30+ reps.

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Josh Jacobs has huge hands

Wish Darrell Henderson's hands were a little bigger, but he doesn't seem to have a fumble/drops issue

308 is a good weight for Edoga

Trevon Tate might have to learn how to play C. Could still be an OG, but 32 3/8" isn't ideal

Lots of OL with 34"+ arms this year. Hopefully a few of them can put up 30+ reps.

Where are you finding the results?

Archived