Are the Saints overwhelming Super Bowl LIV favs? Saints window closing?

Championshiporbust

when you got gods like Kamara, Brees and Can’t guard Mike! You’re bound for success.. They got smashed by the better team this year.. As a saints fan! I’ll want Kamara to get 400-460’touches as the premier back. This crap of giving him 10 touches won’t work. It’s not like he’s gonna come cheaper! He’s still going to be paid as one of the game’s best! So play that man. Wear out your horse! Make him go all out as this is Brees last year.. also, Ingram is done. Dude was smoked in the playoffs.. It’s obvious that he needed his Roids for his boost. 

They need more help on the d end. Lattimore was worse this year than his rookie one. He needs to bounce back..!

And the saints might not be a championship caliber team next year. No picks, again QB and decisions to be made in FA. 

Teddy was wasted no need for that move. 

That roster blew it this year. This was their best chance to get to the dance. And the NFC next year again will be a gauntlet. No way the saints win 10-11 games. Unless Kamara goes gawd mode. 

The offseason hasn't even started yet, so it's too early to tell.  I'm not sure why they would be the favorites over the Rams though - all things equal across the board talent-wise, I'd put more trust in Goff continuing to trend upward than I would Brees not regressing.

49ers and Cardinals could be better next year, but the NFC South will probably be the tougher division again too.  Falcons probably won't encounter the same # of injuries to starters again, Newton should (ideally) not have his arm fall off again to the extent that it did, and Bucs have a great head coach with a QB who has a ton of upside and a plethora of offensive talent.

The only overwhelming  Favorite to make the SB resides in the AFC and has been that Favorite for almost 2 decades.

No one least of all the Saints is a Overwhelmingly Favorite to make it out of the NFC.

To much change and Parity occurs, especially in the NFC.

Welcome to the 2019 NFL Draft:

• The Saints will finally pick after 61 players have gone off the board.
  • They won't pick again until the end of round 5.
    • The rest of their division will pick 15 players before the Saints make their second selection.
  • They bet HUGE on Davenport and he's just a guy with some upside.

Their cap is not great 

• Brees is a 33.5 million hit
  • 4.2 in dead cap before any moves

Ingram and Kamara had 5500 yards from scrimmage and 50 TDs the last 2 years.

• You don't just pick up a scrub and give Kamara 10 more touches a game to replace that with Ingram likely gone.

They will still be a good team, but the odds are huge that they won't get a bye.

1 hour ago, Buckweath said:

The Saints were the best team in the league this year. Just a shame a bad officiating call robbed them of a SB.

Next year they should be still real good but very likely not the best team like this year.

Except that they weren't. Even if they were lucky enough to make it to the Super Bowl, the Patriots were going to spank them. I'd have taken the Chiefs over them in a rematch too, tbh.

Next year? Probably still a top 3 NFC team, but I wouldn't call them the favorites at all. I think the favorites will be the Chiefs and the Rams. Who knows about the Patriots though...they are seemingly unbeatable every off-season, so they'll probably surface as the favorites come playoff time if Brady is still around (likely to be).

Archived