No New Deal For Garrett

WizardHawk

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Like I said, he's got to get it right. 

Pretty big news.

It’s GREAT news. Make him prove his worth for a change. This team has been stuck in a great many areas, so 2019 should be a “show me / prove it” year. If Garrett can’t help Quincy improve and can’t get us past the divisional round of the playoffs (should we even make it that far), then he shouldn’t be back.

Hell, I’d fire him tomorrow if I knew that Sean Payton was available.

Garrett has never had back to back play off appearances. So I love this move. As long as Jerry doesn’t cave! 

NFC Championships or bust!! Let’s see how well Garrett and this QB driven offensive staff can perform under pressure!  

I'm hopeful with Kitna helping Dak fine-tune some of his footwork and other mechanics and Moore implementing a more modern scheme, that we see this team reach the level we've been hoping to see for a long, long time. 

Dumb. I hate not having coaches under contract. I'd give him an extra year extension.

He wins the SuperBowl? No problem. Still have him our team. Does well but doesn't light the world on fire but a team wants him? They can trade for him.

There is ZERO reason to not have leverage. You can always fire a coach.

I'll believe it when I see it or I see a definitive quote from Jerry.

H/e Jerry has always been soft on Garrett. So what does "make him earn it" mean for Jerry? Another playoff appearance regardless whether we exit early or not?

I'd say the time is more then right to promote Richard. If Moore does well and we know Richard will probably do great with the defense that means JG has a very good shot at staying

While I agree in theory with not extending Garrett and having 2019 as a prove it year, I'll believe it when I see it.  If Jerry follows through I'm all for it.  We are long overdue for an extended playoff run.  Success in the post season is ultimately what we are going to judge a tenured Coach on isn't it?

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Such an extreme opinion.. 

Its no wonder some of you guys seem constantly miserable. Perhaps you should consider rooting for the Patriots.

LOL. It's not an opinion. This is what JJ and SJ is implying by not giving JG an extension. Perhaps you shouldn't be so triggered. 

Archived