No New Deal For Garrett

WizardHawk

2 minutes ago, atran35 said:

LOL. It's not an opinion. This is what JJ and SJ is implying by not giving JG an extension. Perhaps you shouldn't be so triggered. 

Not sure what you find so emotional about my statement. I’m not “triggered” at all. Obviously success is important, but Super Bowl or bust is just insane given basic odds. Obviously other metrics come into play when judging a season’s performance.

10 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Not sure what you find so emotional about my statement. I’m not “triggered” at all. Obviously success is important, but Super Bowl or bust is just insane given basic odds. Obviously other metrics come into play when judging a season’s performance.

Well so long as your happy if that's your criteria for being "successful".

36 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well so long as your happy if that's your criteria for being "successful".

The goal is definitely to win the Super Bowl. Anyone would agree with that. I'm simply saying that one can have a good season without having won the Super Bowl and that there is more to judging a season than looking at whether or not you won it. It's not that black and white. Saying otherwise is obviously ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

The goal is definitely to win the Super Bowl. Anyone would agree with that. I'm simply saying that one can have a good season without having won the Super Bowl and that there is more to judging a season than looking at whether or not you won it. It's not that black and white. Saying otherwise is obviously ridiculous. 

Right. And there are different types of playoff exits. The 2014 Dez non catch divisional round loss is not the same as the 2018 curb stomping in LA. 

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Right. And there are different types of playoff exits. The 2014 Dez non catch divisional round loss is not the same as the 2018 curb stomping in LA. 

Agreed. But even there you have to evaluate what went wrong  And what failed us in 2018 was The strength all season   Zero running game on offense and our D could not stop the run.   Do you blame the coach because the players suddenly failed to do something they’ve done all year   Maybe you do I don’t think Jones will 

12 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

If we were a rebuilding team then that argument would hold water. But when we are supposed to be a playoff caliber team with Super Bowl aspirations then winning seasons only go so far. I'm happy for you that you have the Glass is half full mentality. But at some point your gonna have to raise your expectations otherwise your "goal" will never be met. 

That's just how winning mentalities work. They dont settle, hell I'm sure even JG knows that. 

11 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Brady missed games in 2016 and still overcame to win the SB. Apologist want to point these factors out to us as to being the reason why we couldnt go further. But real winners just keep steam rolling through. The Eagles last year won with a backup QB. I mean how many excuses are these people gonna make for this team and coach?

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Brady missed games in 2016 and still overcame to win the SB. Apologist want to point these factors out to us as to being the reason why we couldnt go further. But real winners just keep steam rolling through. The Eagles last year won with a backup QB. I mean how many excuses are these people gonna make for this team and coach?

Well we are doing our best with a backup QB. 

I absolutely believe we overachieved based on who our QB is. 

If you would have told me that we would be going into a meaningless week 17 game with our playoff seed locked up, while our starting QB has 18 TDs and 8 picks on the year and less than 3,500 yards, I wouldn't have believed you.

But the defense was a total surprise.

6 hours ago, atran35 said:

And once again JJ HAS NOT given JG an extension. WHY? Cause unless JG gets us to the SB or at least the NFC Championship he is GONE. He is coaching for his JOB this year. 

And he should’ve been canned 4 years ago. Continuity is one thing, but utter complacency is another. This team and many of its fans are too complacent and make too many damned apologies when things go south. They continually make excuses rather than expect positive results regardless of who is healthy or hurt.

It’s inexcusable that one player causes an entire defense to go to sh!t, but we witnessed it, and many apologized for it.

It’s absurd that an entire offense can fall apart when you lose your Center for the season, All Pro or not. Losing one player shouldn’t cause an entire offense to regress.

It defies logic to believe that you can enter a season with zero talent at WR or TE and expect to compete. But our organization did. (Most around here did not support that idea)

It’s inexcusable to willfully ignore the 1-tech DT position, but Marinelli is a genius and they play hard for him, so let’s get another 3-tech. 

It’s unacceptable for a QB to be so wildly inaccurate and blissfully unaware of what’s going on in the pocket, but you call him “a winner”, claim that “every QB misses WRs”, that his QBR is high, and blame a top 8 o-line on all of his self-created sacks, so he must be better than what most experts say and what anyone who watches the games sees.

It defies logic that a head coach would ice his own kicker, continually mismanage the clock, be outcoached by rookie head coaches, and lose to teams with inferior personnel, but we’ve all of that. Regularly. But, the players like him and they try hard, so that’s ok.

No. It’s not ok. It’s not even close to ok. I’ll never apologize for my position, or for having an expectation to win. 

A lot of us are to quick to judge someone as being worthy of being retained as a coach or a player. JG and any apologist for him has no ground to stand on anymore because if it hadn't been for an implosion in the NFC East this year we might have sneaked in as a wild card but probably not. Jason has been given time and he has failed time and time again. Everyone wants to say his offense has been ranked high since he took over but if I recall correctly we had one of the best offenses when he replaced Sparano? 

Jason Garrett has helped in so many ways on the personel side(I think) so he is not unworthy of some praise but his time as coach shoulda been up before now. 

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:01 AM, plan9misfit said:

And he should’ve been canned 4 years ago. Continuity is one thing, but utter complacency is another. This team and many of its fans are too complacent and make too many damned apologies when things go south. They continually make excuses rather than expect positive results regardless of who is healthy or hurt.

It’s inexcusable that one player causes an entire defense to go to sh!t, but we witnessed it, and many apologized for it.

It’s absurd that an entire offense can fall apart when you lose your Center for the season, All Pro or not. Losing one player shouldn’t cause an entire offense to regress.

It defies logic to believe that you can enter a season with zero talent at WR or TE and expect to compete. But our organization did. (Most around here did not support that idea)

It’s inexcusable to willfully ignore the 1-tech DT position, but Marinelli is a genius and they play hard for him, so let’s get another 3-tech. 

It’s unacceptable for a QB to be so wildly inaccurate and blissfully unaware of what’s going on in the pocket, but you call him “a winner”, claim that “every QB misses WRs”, that his QBR is high, and blame a top 8 o-line on all of his self-created sacks, so he must be better than what most experts say and what anyone who watches the games sees.

It defies logic that a head coach would ice his own kicker, continually mismanage the clock, be outcoached by rookie head coaches, and lose to teams with inferior personnel, but we’ve all of that. Regularly. But, the players like him and they try hard, so that’s ok.

No. It’s not ok. It’s not even close to ok. I’ll never apologize for my position, or for having an expectation to win. 

If it wasn't for this little detail (DAK) I would in total agreement with you. But the rest is right on.

Archived