2017 Game day Thread Sign-Up: **OPEN**

X_Factor_40

This is your opportunity to throw your name in the hat to create the game day thread for any given week. What does that entail? Well, you post a thread early in the week for the upcoming Lions game and put your own unique spin on it. Add detailed commentary on players, match ups, weather conditions, history between the two teams, how the previous matchup went, share pictures, etc. It's your opportunity to get as creative as you'd like, and bring the Lions some extra luck along the way! 

By having a sign-up thread, we allow everyone equal opportunity to create a unique game day/week experience for the forum and help lead a creative and active discussion. This is your opportunity, regardless of how long you've been on the forum or how large or small your post count is, to get involved and be a part of the Lions 2017 run at the Super Bowl! 

Week

Date

Opponent

Time

GDT Poster

9/10

Arizona

1:00 PM

9/18

@ NYG

8:30 PM

9/24

Atlanta

10/1

@ Minnesota

10/8

Carolina

10/15

@NO

BYE WEEK

10/29

Pittsburgh

11/6

@ Green Bay

11/12

Cleveland

11/19

@ Chicago

11/23

Minnesota

12:30 PM

12/3

@ Baltimore

12/10

@ Tampa Bay

12/16

Chicago

4:30 PM

12/24

@ Cincinnati

12/31

Green Bay

To sign up, reply to this post below and let me know which weeks you would like to sign up for, in order of preference.

** I will try to get everyone involved and spread the load as best as possible. However, if there is a lack of interest and only a few posters sign up, I may be forced to rely on a couple people to post the majority of the threads. With that said, if that happens, I will try to hold off assigning weeks too far in advance in the event someone shows up and wants to get involved as the year goes on. 

2 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

I always liked the system of if the Lions win, the same person makes the next GDT. 

It's something we can consider. If we have a lot of people who show interest in making a GDT, specifically new posters who join up this season, I'd like everyone to get a fair shot. 

For now, people can throw their name out there and I'll keep a list. If we get only a handful of interested posters, I'll randomize the list and we can do the win streak approach. I typically lean that way as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ahoda said:

So whose going to day Sunday's?

I decided to scrap the sign-up plan since we didn't have any interest. Anyone who would like to create the game day thread is welcome to do so. If you would like to, go for it! It would be nice to get it going for the weekend, and typically it would be cool if we opened it earlier in the week. I would have done it already, but I want everyone to have a chance to lead the discussion and activity here on the new forum. 

Archived