Lieker's Mock Draft 2.0 2019

Lieker

14 hours ago, Lieker said:

Lieker's Mock Draft 2.0 2019

(All Scouting Reports come from The Draft Network)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/

Coaching Staff:

HC: Matt LaFleur

OC: Nathaniel Hackett

DC: Mike Pettine

ST: Shawn Mennenga

————————-

FA:

Retained: 

CB: Bashaud Breeland 3 yr/20 million

ILB: Jake Ryan 1 yr/2 million

TE: Marcedes Lewis 2 yr/3 million

Fresh Blood:

EDGE: Za'darius Smith (Former Raven) 5 yr/50 million

S: Adrian Amos 4 yr/30 million

G: Rodger Saffold 4 yr/24 million

------------------------------------------------

2019 NFL Draft:

1.12)  Packers Select: DL Jeffery Simmons Miss St 6-3 301 lb

+Hand Usage

+Strong Motor

+Violent Tackler

+Variety of Pass Rush Moves/Counters

+Pocket Collapsing

+High End First Step

+Solid Length

+Thick Frame

-Pad Level Inconsistent

-Anchor is hit or miss in run game

-Will overrun plays being too aggressive

- Beat up a Woman on Camera

I like that free agency.

Needed to add another negative to Simmons.

I really like this draft. I am the world's biggest fan of taking Omenihu at #30, BUT...

Why are so few talking about Simmons' off-the-field issue? I feel like it's a huge red flag and few fans bring it up when they talk about him. Do most people just not know? He's a mega talent, but I feel like he's not even on GB's board because of character. At least not at pick #12. 

3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Omenihu doesn’t have the movement to play OLB. He’s a 280 collaspe the pocket DE prospect with some speed for his size (honestly pretty similar to Datone Jones). He’s a 4-3 end or development 3-4 end prospect. He’s a little too much of a development prospect for me to consider him with a top 50 pick (at least in our D, for a 4-3 team he could start).

What do mean by movement? Straight line? COD? Bending the edge? He weighed in at 275 at the Senior Bowl at 6’6. In my mind he could easily drop 5 to 10 pounds and play as a stand up pass rusher. He’s not a guy you’re looking to drop into coverage but then again I really don’t see that as an important factor in a prospect in this defense.

21 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I really like this draft. I am the world's biggest fan of taking Omenihu at #30, BUT...

Why are so few talking about Simmons' off-the-field issue? I feel like it's a huge red flag and few fans bring it up when they talk about him. Do most people just not know? He's a mega talent, but I feel like he's not even on GB's board because of character. At least not at pick #12. 

Because of the story that followed.  It happened in 2016 and all the right steps have been taken since.  He has been a model citizen ever since.  He owned up to it, apologized and made restitution.  Has been a model student/athlete ever since.

He would be my pick for the Packers @12 if the top edges are gone (Bosa, Allen, Ferrell).

1 hour ago, Lieker said:

What do mean by movement? Straight line? COD? Bending the edge? He weighed in at 275 at the Senior Bowl at 6’6. In my mind he could easily drop 5 to 10 pounds and play as a stand up pass rusher. He’s not a guy you’re looking to drop into coverage but then again I really don’t see that as an important factor in a prospect in this defense.

Watch his tape. He doesn't have great hip flexibility and lateral movement (in several draft profiles too). He played primarily in a 4 point stance at Texas. He'd need to change his game and drop weight (which you admitted) to play stand up edge. A first round pick shouldn't need that much development. 

He's too much of a tweener.

7 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Watch his tape. He doesn't have great hip flexibility and lateral movement (in several draft profiles too). He played primarily in a 4 point stance at Texas. He'd need to change his game and drop weight (which you admitted) to play stand up edge. A first round pick shouldn't need that much development. 

He's too much of a tweener.

I don’t think dropping weight is going to help his hip flexibility. I see him much more in the mold of a Julius Peppers type player. Not a guy you’re dropping in coverage much but a guy who can set the edge in the run game and rush much like a 4-3 DE. Changing his stance and altering his weight isn’t a ton of development. I can understand the tweener take but don’t necessarily see it as a negative. Play him on the edge on run downs, move him inside on obvious passing downs. I think with his length, strength, and athletic ability he can make it work. Zach Allen is a tweener too. The difference between him and Omenihu in my eyes is the athleticism. I feel Charles can make it work. Not as confident in Allen.

9 hours ago, Lieker said:

I don’t think dropping weight is going to help his hip flexibility. I see him much more in the mold of a Julius Peppers type player. Not a guy you’re dropping in coverage much but a guy who can set the edge in the run game and rush much like a 4-3 DE. Changing his stance and altering his weight isn’t a ton of development. I can understand the tweener take but don’t necessarily see it as a negative. Play him on the edge on run downs, move him inside on obvious passing downs. I think with his length, strength, and athletic ability he can make it work. Zach Allen is a tweener too. The difference between him and Omenihu in my eyes is the athleticism. I feel Charles can make it work. Not as confident in Allen.

I appreciate the effort and thoughtful application here. Omenihu was not on my radar before reading this mock as the measurables don't jump out as someone that follows the mold of the usual suspects we all have become accustomed to discussing and seeing mocked to the Packers. In the little bit of digging I've done on him as a result of seeing him mocked here, I am intrigued. Kudos for unmasking another Nasir Adderley to put in this years Draft Darling / Gem competition discussion.

3 hours ago, Bang! said:

I appreciate the effort and thoughtful application here. Omenihu was not on my radar before reading this mock as the measurables don't jump out as someone that follows the mold of the usual suspects we all have become accustomed to discussing and seeing mocked to the Packers. In the little bit of digging I've done on him as a result of seeing him mocked here, I am intrigued. Kudos for unmasking another Nasir Adderley to put in this years Draft Darling / Gem competition discussion.

Thanks! To be fair I got turned on to Nasir Adderley and Charles Omenihu by thedraftnetwork.com. They have some of the best prospect breakdowns I’ve seen.

Archived