Panthers DE Julius Peppers announces his retirement

TheKillerNacho

Probably the biggest freak of nature to ever play football.  He was bigger, stronger, faster, and football wasnt even the sport he loved.  Truly was a case of being so gifted that the other stuff simply didnt matter.  Yes, hes a first ballot HOFer, yes he is one of my all time favorite Bears, but did he live up to his potential? Probably not, but that's hard to do when your potential is limitless.  Congrats Pep on an amazing long career.  Wish him the best in all of his future endeavors.  He wont be somebody in the limelight bc that's not his way.  

Wish him all the best in retirement. Loved him as a Packer, been following him his whole career. He was a beast for a long time. Wish we would've given it another year though. I'll be happy to see him inducted in 5 years.

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I sometimes wonder what life would have been like if the Texans took Peppers over David Carr in 2002. (It was a topic of note back then).

Then, I cry. Because it would have been awesome...

David Carr probably cries when he thinks about it too

He had a bust in Canton over half a decade ago. The rest was just icing.

People know about his achievements on defense but I feel like this often overshadows how great he was on special teams. A tall monster with great length and finesse made it a nightmare for kickers and blockers alike.  

Could be argued he's the Randy Moss of the DL - easily and obviously the greatest athlete to play the position, absolutely a first ballot HoF career, but also a feeling he never reached his potential. Never got his ring, never had more than 14 sacks in a season, never won DPoY

13 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Could be argued he's the Randy Moss of the DL - easily and obviously the greatest athlete to play the position, absolutely a first ballot HoF career, but also a feeling he never reached his potential. Never got his ring, never had more than 14 sacks in a season, never won DPoY

Damn, that's hard to believe.

Archived